Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Ten On Tuesday ~ Tourists

10 Places You'd Take a Tourist to See in
Your Hometown
  1. Rocky Mount Museum ~ I would love to link to their site but they have the worst, I mean THE WORST, time with keeping their site up.
  2. Ridgewood BBQ
  3. Elizabethton's Covered Bridge
  4. Rhythm & Roots
  5. The Paramount Theatre
  6. My House ~ No one provides hospitality like us!
  7. Barter Theater
  8. Dixie BBQ
  9. Roan Mountain State Park
  10. Bristol Motor Speedway

The town we live in is rather small. Most of these places are in surrounding cities (except Rocky Mount which is right down the road) and attract many visitors who come to this area. I could live at Barter Theater. Rhythm & Roots is an annual music festival that is a must if you are in this area in mid-September. My BIL had a big hand in helping get performers for this. The BBQ places are two of the best I've ever eaten at. All are family owned and wonderful! Bristol Motor Speedway is just an awesome sight to see. Even if Nascar is not in town, it's cool to look at the track. It is the fastest half-mile track you know! If you're ever in my neck of the woods, these are the places I'll take you!

For more TOT's, visit yanowhatimean.com



post signature

4 comments:

Jennifer Coomer said...

I have a friend from Elizbethton. I've long wanted to go to Roan Mountain State Park.

Frances D said...

Hi so glad you visited my site.
I have had many a yummy sandwich at Peanut Butter & Co.
There's one with chicken, peanut butter and a citrus thai jelly that is awesome.
Waving at you from New York,
Frances

Teena in Toronto said...

BBQ ... yum yum!

I played too ... come check out Toronto :)

storyteller said...

How cool to create a list with links to provide additional information! I’m passing your suggestions on to my sister and her husband for their travels. They’re currently in Georgia after spending a month in Florida. I’m not exactly where they’re headed next but they’re always looking for ideas. I’m sure my BIL would love the BBQ and my sister will be drawn to the wildflower and wildlife in the Tennessee State Parks ;--)
Hugs and blessings,