Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday Randomness

The girls and I just got back last night from a weekend trip to West Virginia to visit my mom. It was a bonus that two of my aunts, a cousin, and mom's close friend were all there. We had a wonderful time visiting local antique shops and chatting. Since I don't get to see them often, it was a treat to have them all in one place. They were all fascinated to hear of my new experiment with Weight Watchers and we sat around dreaming up what kind of "rewards" I could give myself as I reach my goal. I'm choosing practical things but the thought of flying to Vegas and staying in a posh Las Vegas hotel did cross my mind! As fun as that might be, I think I'll stick to buying a new outfit and getting a manicure. The excitement of being with all these gals must have overwhelmed me because I did not take one photo! I'm kicking myself now but it's too late.

On another note, the spring Nascar race is coming to town this weekend. Already there are tons of campers around the race track (Bristol Motor Speedway) and the traffic is noticeably heavier. Hubby loves all of the excitement that comes to town during these races but I'm not so thrilled. That is mostly because we have to miss church when the race is here. The traffic is so heavy on our little 4-lane that it is nearly impossible to get through. Don't worry, I'm sure I'll be complaining about that more as the week passes. Today we have to get out to go to piano lessons and I hope we don't get caught up in the traffic that is already here. I'm always amazed at how early people come out for this thing. I mean, the race isn't until this weekend and people started coming this past Friday. What in the world do you do in a camper for a week? There are only so many places you can go around here. I have no idea but these are some dedicated fans.

How about you? What did you do this past weekend?



post signature

5 comments:

Misty said...

your antiquing and family weekend sounds heavenly!!!!

Annie said...

Sounds fun Sonya!
We just partied and went to church this weekend.

Melanie said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!

We had so much snow that we couldn't do anything but stay home.

Livin' With Me

storyteller said...

Sounds like your visit with family was special indeed and that you’ve got more excitement ahead now that you’re home. My weekend was ‘low-key’ … and since there were Blogger issues, I opted to spend some time gardening and reading for pleasure. I managed to finish the Dean Koontz book I started on Saturday and am thinking of picking up another good ‘read’ soon.
Hugs and blessings,

gail@more than a song said...

Sounds like a fun trip to see your mom.
It snowed here on Friday so that was fun for us, gone by Saturday. And we're a little sickly at our house so not much else over the weekend other than church.