Monday, March 3, 2008

Can You Say Road Rage?

I've been looking around for the best buy on a GPS for my hubby. He will be traveling more now that he is competing in bagpipe competitions. It looks like he'll be doing one a month for the next few months. I'm a bit overwhelmed with all of the choices so I wonder if any of you have one and could give me some direction?

On another note, Caroline and I were stuck in traffic today on our way back from piano lessons. We live close to Bristol Motor Speedway and the spring race is coming up. The owners of the race track are making some major renovations in front of the race track and because of that, we have the pleasure of constantly being stuck in the middle of the wacky traffic. It's not pretty. Anyway, (here's where my rant starts) we are sitting in traffic that is at least a mile long and one lane ahead of us is blocked. There are signs up everywhere telling drivers this but people are constantly in that lane going as fast as they can to jump in front of all of us who've been sitting there for 20 or 30 minutes. This ticks me off! It gets under my skin so bad. I'm really a nice person but car after car after car kept doing this and it really started to get to me. I mean, I have places to go too. So, what's the deal? Why do people do this? Does it tick you off too? I just don't get it. Maybe I was just having a bad day but by the time I got home, I was ready to give up my license to drive.

Have a great Tuesday!



post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's when I don't give them an inch to cut in. They aren't cutting in front of me! Grrrrr. :)

melinda said...

Garmin. Totally Garmin. My grandfather purchased a Garmin Nuvi several years ago, after my grandmother the family navigator passed away. He loved it. Several months later, my sister moved to Boston and encountered many problems with one-way streets. She bought a Garmin Nuvi also and loves it. It's a fantastic GPS and I highly recommend it.

Shawna said...

We have one Beef just loves. He could email you the specs. He's all about deals, too, so it was a pretty good deal, too.