Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Word of Thanks

First off, let me thank each of you who have prayed for our family. It has been a rough few days but we are hanging in there and trusting in the Lord. We have been so blessed by your comments and the knowledge that you are lifting us up in prayer. Our family is a very close knit family with my hubby and BIL being the only children. They were very close and his death was sudden and unexpected. In the coming days, I hope to share memories of his life. He was one of the most kind people I'd ever known and I'm so blessed to have been a part of his life for so many years.

I've got to get caught up on just about everything. My house is a wreck, my laptop is lonely, and the treadmill is calling my name. Isn't it funny how life just continues to march on, even through the loss of a loved one? It's a strange place for me personally because this is the closest loss I've ever experienced. So, I hope to get back in the swing of things, slowly. I would ask that you please continue to pray for our family this week as we sort out a lot of details. My BIL left behind three children, ages 21, 19, and 18. They all lived at home and lots of decisions have to be made so we'd appreciate your continued prayers this week.



post signature

9 comments:

Joyful Days said...

Continuing to pray for your whole family.

Annie said...

I'm so sorry and I'm still praying for you guys.

Jennifer said...

I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Denise C said...

We are faithfully lifting all of you in prayer. Blessings to all of you,
Denise

Nina said...

I'm so sorry for your family. Praying for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Still praying for your family, Sonya.

storyteller said...

It’s good to hear from you …(although I seem to have arrived a bit belatedly). I’ve not spent much time at my laptop (other than to add a post daily) throughout the weekend because I’ve been engaged in other activities. You and your family have remained in my thoughts and prayers … and will indefinitely as you move through the days without your brother-in-law’s physical presence in your lives.
Hugs and blessings,

Linda said...

Although it is the first time I visit your blog I have to say it is lovely and from the little I've read so is your family. Praying for you. Blessings.

gail@more than a song said...

I'm glad you're back...sorry for the loss y'all have experienced in your family. It's so hard but I guess we all have that at some time or another. Hope y'all continue to do well and heal and help each other out!