Saturday, April 5, 2008

Bed Making 101

Have you ever tried to make the top bunk of a bunk bed? It is not a fun task. We bought bunk beds for the girls when they were younger. Logan has since outgrown the bottom bunk and has moved into the spare bedroom and into the full size bed in there. That leaves Caroline in their tiny room and of course her bunk is the top one. I'm not sure why she is so attached to it. I've tried to get her to sleep on the bottom bunk and she does occasionally. However, she doesn't really like to. There is just something about that top bunk. The only problem I have with this is that it is almost impossible to make up the top bunk. It's not like one of those uber cool platform beds that is the perfect height for her and easy on my back.

It only makes sense for us to keep the bunk beds as long as we can. After all, their bedroom is tiny and the bunks are perfect for that space. Once she outgrows the bed it will be a different story. The mystery to me though is this. How in the world are you supposed to make up the top bunk? If you watched me do it, you would crack up. It's not a pretty sight. Honestly, I look like I'm wrangling an alligator. Humor me here and tell me I'm not the only one who has this trouble. I have to think that it is a universal problem. Now come on, share your stories with me. I know you've got one! I won't laugh, I promise (grin).



post signature

Ron Paul 2008

2 comments:

Gina Conroy said...

Haven't figured that one out yet, and we have two bunk beds. Luckily only one top bunk is used consistently and my husband changes those sheets!

Jennifer said...

I'm right there with you on the top bunk bed making stress!
I have no words of wisdom for you...other than some days I just straighten out the sheets, blanket and comforter to look as if it's made. No one knows the difference and I have less bed making stress.

Have a great day!