Friday, April 4, 2008

Goodwill Finds

Nothing makes me happier than to go into a bookstore. I love it and I could literally get lost in there. We are blessed to live ten minutes from a city that has several great bookstores. Within fifteen minutes of our house, we have Books-A-Million, Barnes & Noble, and Mr. K's. Barnes & Noble is my favorite although I rarely buy anything there because they have the highest prices. Books-A-Million is awesome because they have great prices. Mr. K's is one of my favorites because it is a new and used bookstore. You can find stuff dirt cheap in there. It's awesome.

More times than not, one of the best places to find good books is at the local Goodwill store. It seems that I have found many classics and lots of treasures in Goodwill stores from here to West Virginia. I hadn't been to our local store lately so I stopped by today. I was so glad I did! Here's what I found today:

Keeping Our Children's Hearts by Steve and Teri Maxwell (.99)

The Pact by Jodi Picoult (.99)

Childhood of Famous Americans: Thomas A. Edison (.20)

The Whipping Boy by Sid Fleischman (.20)

The Wish Giver by Bill Brittain (.20)

More Homer Price by Roberty McCloskey (.20)

The Story of King Arthur and His Knights by Howard Pyle (.20)

Being the geeky homeschool mom I am, I sat down in the floor and went over the selection of books with a fine tooth comb. There were several classics in good shape but I didn't need them. I'm always amazed at the books people toss out or take to Goodwill. The Maxwell book is a treasure that every parent needs to have in their home library and I was thrilled to find it! For $2.98, I came away with seven good books! I can't name the countless other treasures I've found in Goodwill over the years. Amazing! I'm extremely pleased with today's finds. If you're a book lover like me, be sure to check out your local Goodwill or Salvation Army. I guarantee you'll find at least one good book in the stash!



post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did very well! I would love to hear about The Pact when you finish reading it!

Shawna said...

I did notice that both of those places have books last month. I think I may take some up there.

Jenny said...

I want to borrow The Pact when you are through...I'll give you back Sense and Sensibility and Pride and Predjudice...lol!!

gail@more than a song said...

You got some great deals! I'd like to hear about the Pact too when you get through.