Friday, April 4, 2008

Christmas in the Smokies?

I know several of you come up this way to visit the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area. We live a little more than an hour away and go there often. We haven't been since last year and it's about time to get in the car and make the trip.

One of my favorite things to do is to go up into Gatlinburg, park, and browse in all the little shops along the strip. There's something so laid back about it. I love going into the Mountain Mall and looking around. My hubby loves going into the Gatlinburlier to pick up pipe tobacco. We usually spend several hours in Gatlinburg and then we travel back down to Pigeon Forge. Our trip always ends with a stop into Book Warehouse and getting a funnel cake. In fact, those two things are a must for us when we go.

My BIL always wanted to rent one of the many Pigeon Forge cabins and spend the holidays down there. We all dreamed of looking out at the snow covered mountains and roads from the comfort of our cabin. Maybe this Christmas we'll take the in-laws, our niece and nephews, and enjoy the holidays doing just that. I've always wanted to cook a big meal and make homemade candy with everyone. Afterwards we could go ice skating. My BIL would have loved doing that. I'm sorry we never got around to doing it with him. I think it would do us good to spend our first Christmas without him in one of his favorite places.



post signature

0 comments: