Friday, April 25, 2008

Friendship Is Nice

I found this on the kitchen table today. The girls had been playing outside while I cleaned out our pantry. I was feeling tired and run down so I sat down to rest for a minute and that's when I found this note from Caroline. In case you can't read it well, here's what it says:

I Love You!

Friendship is nice and also very good. I hope you understand that I love you very much.

Caroline

The two little stick people in the drawing are Caroline and myself, holding hands and saying I love you to one another. Caroline writes me sweet little notes a lot. She'll just leave them lying around. She loves it when I write her back and leave it for her to find. There are times that I wonder if my children like me at all. Throughout the day, I'm working with them on their studies, chores, and countenance. Sometimes I forget to stop and enjoy them. Many times I don't stop to smell the roses. Just when I feel like the worst parent in the world, they reveal their true feelings for me. Then all is right in the world again because I am reminded that:

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward. (Psalm 127:3)

We pray for many more.....



post signature

Ron Paul 2008

4 comments:

Misty said...

that is SO SWEET!!!!

Joyful Days said...

That is just so wonderful. Melting heart, here!!

Anonymous said...

That is priceless! Those are the moments that just fill your heart with joy!

Shawna said...

How sweet is that! What a special thing for you and Caroline to share!