Monday, April 28, 2008

Guess Where I'm Going Y'all?

DH and I are taking a four day trip to Savannah, GA this weekend. We'll be leaving early Thursday morning and coming home late Sunday night. The only real set plans we have is to attend the Scottish Festival and Games while we are there. DH is competing (solo bagpiping competition) on Saturday at that event but that's the only real thing we have planned. We want to take a day to visit Tybee Island so we're planning a full day for that and hopefully the weather will be nice. So, that covers Sunday (we'll spend the day exploring Tybee and then just head home from there). That leaves half a day and all night on Thursday and an entire day on Friday. So, I need your help. If you've been to Savannah and have any really great tips for us, please share. One must will be to eat lunch or supper at Lady & Sons. No one can travel to Savannah and not have a little Paula Deen before they leave :-o) Even if Paula irritates the snot out of you, you've got to love the fact that she's all about the butter! Oh, and chocolate! Right up my alley! I'll be leaving my diet at the hotel for that one!

I'm trying to throw together a quick schedule so that we can make sure to do all of the things we really want to do. If you've been to Savannah and done something you really enjoyed, let me know. We'll also take any restaurant suggestions you might throw our way. I'm excited already! Is it Thursday yet? LOL!



post signature

Ron Paul 2008

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh allllll that butter! lol!!

gail@more than a song said...

How fun! I've not been there but those are things I'd choose to do too...but I've heard that the lines for her restaurant can be rather long and hard to get in. Can you get a reservation ahead of time? Might be worth checking out. Can't wait to see pictures when you get back! Have a fun time.

Annie said...

I've never been there!
Have a great time!

Shawna said...

I've been praying for your trip. I've never been (or at least stayed in Savannah). Have a wonderful time!

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

I'm just catching up. Hope you had a wonderful time!