Thursday, May 1, 2008

We're Here Y'all!

I love to travel. We do it as often as we can afford to. Sometimes it's a ten hour drive to the beach. Other times it's an hour drive to Asheville, NC. One place that I've heard a lot about is Wilmington, NC. I've never been but I have been browsing the attractions there. There are plenty of things to see so I hope we'll be able to travel there in the near future. I love looking for places to stay during our visits. We usually stay in a hotel but one of these days, I want to get a condo and split it with friends. I think that would be so neat. When we are able to travel to Wilmington, I plan on browsing Wilmington real estate in hopes of finding the perfect accommodations.

My MIL goes to the beach every fall with several family members. They all split a big condo and have the best time. As soon as I can convince hubby that it really would be neat to vacation with friends, we're set. I'm not sure if he'll ever agree to it since he likes to be able to go wherever, whenever he wants. Hey, I can try though!

As for this weekend, we're in Savannah, GA and I'm on a mission to eat at Paula Deen's restaurant. The woman may get on your nerves but she's from the south, has a great accent, and loves butter and chocolate! How can you not like her! I just want to try her crab cakes and some sort of chocolate dessert and this trip will be all worth it! LOL! We just arrived so I'm off to throw our suitcases in the proper place and head to town.

Wish you were here!



post signature

Ron Paul 2008

9 comments:

Annie said...

Have a great time!
Eat lots of butter for us all :)

gail@more than a song said...

I've never been to Savannah but have wanted to go! I hope you get to eat at the restaurant and you better take pictures to share if you do :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you are having a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

How fun!! I got to see her when she was in Memphis.-- She is a hoot! Loud-- but a hoot!

Have a great time! :o}

Jenny said...

I hope you having a wonderful time! I got the book in the mail over the weekend, and I {heart} your note. I am going to shelf that book for a little while, but for other reasons. I glanced through it and actually got hooked immediately on the first chapter. Thanks for everything-especially the tissues ;) you thought of everything!

Anonymous said...

I know you are on vacation, but I just wanted to tell you that I got my book and goodies. I especially love the bookmark!

THANK YOU!

Melanie said...

Have a wonderful time!!

Our Happy Happenings

Corrie said...

Oh, yum! Love her recipes!!! Splitting a condo with friend was one of the best vacations we ever took. You would have a blast!

Enjoy your trip and let us know about the butter!!! And the chocolate!!!

Jennifer said...

Hi there Sonya
I haven't gotten to visit in a while and I wanted to stop by and say hello.
I see you are on vacation. I hope you are having a wonderfully relaxing time!!

I haven't heard from ya in a while and I miss ya. Miss you on the Weight Loss Challenge too! You were kicking our butts. How are you doing??