Monday, April 21, 2008

Time For Change

If you are anything like our family, you probably use the spring time to spruce up your home. We usually do some painting, carpet cleaning, and wash down the walls. It's amazing how much better I feel once we've done this. Because our house was built in the mid-80s, it has a lot of outdated things that we are slowly trying to switch out. The indoor lighting fixtures are very outdated and we've been replacing those one by one. The bathroom faucets are the next thing on my list. Then there's the almost 30 year old carpet......sometimes I think I'll just yank it up and walk on the plywood until we can afford hard wood! LOL!

I really enjoy doing these types of things. My problem is, I try to do too much at one time. I'll start painting and then decide I want to clean out a closet. I have the incredible urge right now to pull up the sticky tile in our bathrooms so that we can put ceramic tile down. I'm trying resist that one though because I haven't purchased any new tile to go down yet.

What is it about warm weather that makes a person want to do this kind of thing? Or is it just me? Please tell me you do it too. I blame it all on my mother because she always has a project going. It doesn't matter how big or small, she's always doing something. I'm comforted by the fact that I know at least one other person who gets this way in the spring. It seems that more and more, people are doing things themselves. Do-It-Yourself shows and websites are popping up everywhere. I'm so glad because if my urges get the best of me, I fear I'm going to need some instruction on how to correct mistakes! LOL!



post signature

Ron Paul 2008

0 comments: