Thursday, May 22, 2008

All We Need Is A Little Purge

Isn't it amazing how much stuff you find when you sort through things you have stashed away in your garage? This past week, I've been amazed at some of the stuff I had put away. Hubby got a building for our back yard that will house our lawnmowers and tools. As he was moving all of that stuff out to the building, we tried to sort through things we really don't need anymore. It went fairly quickly. A few days later, he was running wiring out to the building so that he could have electricity. Well, he had to start running the wiring from the garage so we had to clean out even more stuff. That's when the real fun began.

I have a particularly cool storage place out there. It's a nice little cubby hole that is under our stairs. It's perfect for putting Christmas decor and things away because you don't have to look at it every time you walk out there. When Jeff started wiring, all of that stuff had to come out of the cubby hole. Oh....My.....Goodness! Where in the world did it all come from? I blame it on my mother. She has a habit of giving or making me all sorts of Christmas stuff . I think I pulled out six or eight huge storage tubs of stuff. I wouldn't be surprised to find some rifle slings, used car parts, or a colony of little creatures living in that stuff! It is ridiculous!

Today I'm on a mission. Get rid of at least half that stuff. Yep, you heard me. At least half. I've been recently inspired by a friend to start working on our home again. There are plenty of things I need to do so I plan to start with a good purging. All the stuff from the cubby hole is smack dab in the middle of the garage so it's gotta go! If I'm not back in a day or two, call the national guard because it's likely I'm stuck under a pile of junk!



post signature

2 comments:

gail@more than a song said...

I don't have a garage, only a carport so it's not really the problem. Now the storage room outside, attics and closets...that's a whole nother story! Need to do some serious purging here.

Be Thou Exalted said...

Thanks for checking out my blog. I've also recently done some purging. We're moving in July, and having a big yard sale on Memorial Day - if we don't use it every day or plan to take it in the move - its GONE!