Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Savannah: Part Two

One thing I forgot to do while we were on vacation was take a picture of our neat hotel room. We stayed at this cozy little place called Inn at Mulberry Grove. This hotel is about fifteen minutes from downtown Savannah. It really was a nice location. There's not much directly around it but within a few minutes drive, there are plenty of fast food places and stuff. The only complaint I have is that it is too far away from Tybee Island. If you plan to spend any time on Tybee, you have to be willing to drive the 40 minutes it takes to get there from this hotel or stay closer to Tybee. Anyway, this hotel is only two years old and is very well kept. The rooms looked just like they did online, including the cute decor, the LCD TV, and the nice landscaping. I was tickled pink! The bathroom was so clean that I couldn't believe my eyes. I really think housekeeping cleaned our bathtub every day. It sparkled! I was very impressed. Normally the bathroom and the bedding in a hotel makes my skin crawl. Something about being beneath a bedspread that isn't washed after every guest makes me want to sleep in a plastic bag.

The hotel staff was so nice. The lady at the front desk printed out directions for us, without us even asking. Every morning, we went into the lobby for a nice breakfast feast. They had everything a girl needs to get her morning started; waffles, yogurt, cereal, bagels, pastries, grits, BISCUITS, GRAVY, SAUSAGE, and EGGS. Guess what I ate? I guess I should tell you that my Weight Watchers diet was on hold during this trip. I'm happy to report that I only gained one pound while we were gone. Hooray!

Now, this hotel is not to be confused with another by a similar name. There is a hotel in the historic district called Mulberry Inn. I'm not sure if they are run by the same company or if their accommodations are the same. I know the one in the historic district was much more expensive. That makes sense but honestly, I'm glad we didn't stay downtown. It was nice to have a short drive back to the hotel each night so that we could spend that time talking about what we had seen and experienced that day. (When I go back and take my mom and MIL, we will probably stay downtown since they will enjoy the shopping and the mansion touring.)

We found some really fun places downtown. There were many little gift shops but there were also several art galleries and stores. City Market was a neat little place and there was even live music while we were there. It was a happening place at night. The carriage rides originate here so we were able to see the pretty horses several times on our trip.

It was fun and we saw some neat things but it sure was good to hit Asheville, NC and see those beautiful mountains. Once we hit Asheville, we knew we were only an hour from home and we couldn't drive fast enough to get here. I love going on short trips but I LOVE coming back home.

I'll be working on part three and have it posted soon. It will be all about the food we ate while on our trip. We were only there for a few days so we didn't get to hit all of the places we wanted but I'll tell you about the few we did hit. Stay tuned......



post signature

Ron Paul 2008

3 comments:

jenn said...

I love browsing through little gift shops. I can never afford to buy anything, but they always have the cutest little treasures. You make me want to go to savannah!

gail@more than a song said...

Loved reading about your trip, it sounds like fun! I can get creeped out too about the bedspreads and stuff in hotels, silly me. So it's always nice to have such a clean one.
The pictures are good too; it does look like a neat place to visit. And the one of you and hubby is cute!

Shawna said...

Sounds like I'll have to add Savannah to me list of plces to visit. I'm so glad you had fun!