Friday, May 9, 2008

Savannah: Part One

DH and I had a great time in Savannah. It's the first time we'd ever stopped in Savannah to do anything. We have passed through there numerous times but we were always on our way somewhere else. When Jeff had the opportunity to compete in a bagpipe competition there, I knew I wanted to tag along and check it out. First, I have to tell you that I am fascinated by the trees in Savannah. They are huge and so lovely.

Then there were all of the beautiful homes with ivy covered steps. I didn't tour all of the homes because I want to make a return trip with my MIL and mom to do that. I didn't get a picture of the "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" house. I really want to tour that when we take a gal's trip down to Savannah. There are so many Victorian mansions down there, you could plan a trip around just exploring those!

Of course there were beautiful little parks everywhere. Each had a name. My favorite was Oglethorpe Square but they were all beautiful. It was a nice place for us to rest our feet from all the walking we did. If I had brought along my book, I could have stayed here all day!

Trying to take a picture of ourselves proved a little more challenging than we thought. I figured out that you just have to hold your mouth right in order to get your faces into the picture :-o) We'll have to keep perfecting this!

We did plenty of other fun stuff that I'll be sharing soon. I can't wait to tell you about all of the yummy food we had while we were visiting!



post signature

Ron Paul 2008

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to go there, so I look forward to your trip reports! We almost went there on our honeymoon, but we got married during the Atlanta olympics and didn't want to fight the traffic through Georgia. I love those trees as well (are they Cypress?)

Sonya said...

Lauren-
Some were Cypress and there were also tons of Magnolias. Beautiful! I loved them. I wanted to climb them and stay there for the entire day! They were so big!

Jennifer said...

Happy Mother's Day Sonya!

Jill said...

I've never been to Savannah, so I'll be reading your posts with interest (love the photos!). Of course you know I'll be really interested in the FOOD!

Jenny said...

but what about all the haints and goblins??? You know Jake had the "shine" when we were in Charleston...