Sunday, June 22, 2008

CVS June 22

Hubby left today for Valle Crucis, NC to attend NAAPD. He'll be gone until Friday so the girls and I will be trying to keep ourselves busy until then. We're usually bored when he's gone. He left shortly after coming in from church so I took to clipping my coupons from today's paper. I clipped some good ones and can't wait to work up some deals on those items. I went ahead and made a CVS run since it's less than a mile from our house. I didn't find a lot of deals but here's what I came home with:

Transaction #1

CVS Mens Aftershave $2.59

Used $2 CVS coupon

Paid 64c OOP

Earned $1 ECB

Basically, CVS paid me 34c to buy this. I love it when that happens!

Transaction #2

Aussie Leave In Conditioner Spray $2.99

Used $2.99 ECB

Paid 0 oop

Earned $2 in ECB

Transaction #3

4 Soy Joy Bars 4/$4

Used $1/3 man Q

Used BOGO man Q

Used $2 ECB from transaction #2

Paid 16c OOP

Earned $4 ECB

Transaction #4

2 Colgate Total Advance toothpastes $5.98

1 Colgate Spongebob toothbrush $2.99

Used 2 - $1.50/1 Colgate Qs

Used $5 ECBs earned from transactions 1 & 3

Paid $1.34 OOP

Earned $6 ECBs

Trip Breakdown

Spent $2.14 OOP for $18.60 worth of items

Used $9.99 in ECBs

Earned $13 ECBs

For anyone who can answer, my receipt says that July is Extra Bucks month and that my 2% earnings will starting printing at the register July 1st. I had no idea this happened. Seems I read it somewhere before. If I understand correctly, it means I'm going to receive free CVS money. Can someone fill me in? How does this work?

Tip: I purchased some Rainbow Twizzlers (my fav) from Kroger last week while they were on sale. On the back of the package, I noticed that there was a Mega Movie Bonus proof of purchase. As I read on, I found that when you collect 15 mega movie bonus points, you can send them in and receive a free movie admission. On these bags, the bonus was 3 pts but you can buy other Hershey's , Reese's, and York products that have 5 points on them. If you get the Twizzlers on sale for $1 a bag, you'd need to buy 5 bags to earn 15 points. So, you'll spend $5, send it in, and get a movie admission certificate. Around here, movie tickets are $7.50 - $8 so you're still saving a little bit of money. In my book, any money saved is a good thing.

0 comments: