Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Rite Aid Deals 6-23

I'm pretty happy with my RA haul today. I'll be requesting my monthly rebate check this weekend and I'm amazed by how easy this has been. There's nothing like getting free or nearly free items! Especially when those items are things a family always needs.

Here's the breakdown for today's trip:

Charles Worthington Big Hair Sea Salt Spray: $4.99 with $4.99 scr (free after rebate) *Limit 1 rebate*

Finessee shampoo and hairspray: 2/$6 with $5 scr ($1 for both products after rebate) *Limit 1 rebate*

Freeman Sea Kelp shampoo and conditioner: $2.99 each with $2 scr on each item ($1.98 for both items after rebate) *This had a limit of 2 rebates*

Crest Pro-Health Night toothpaste: $2.99 with $2.99 scr (free after rebate) *Limit 1 rebate*

So, after rebate, all of these items cost me $2.98. Because most Rite Aid stores are not internet coupon friendly, I try to only shop there for the items that are free after rebate or very cheap after rebate. This works well because usually those items are things we can really use so I stockpile them. I can't believe I'm only now learning all of these things. If I had started this several years ago, we would have saved a lot of money. Oh well, better late than never, I suppose.

Food City has a pretty good sale going on right now also. There are several BOGO deals and a handful of good BOG2 offers. I stocked up on these items:

Fischer bologna ($2.28 each on sale BOGO). Used 2 - 40c coupons so I ended up paying 74c per pack

Food City diced tomatoes (select varieties) $1.29 each on sale BOG2. OOP was 39c per can

Dole pineapples (crushed, rings, tidbits, etc.) $1.29 each on sale BOG2. OOP was 43c per can

Food Club soda $1.49 each on sale BOG2. OOP was 49c each

Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce $2.79 on sale BOG2. OOP was 93c each

Chex Mix $2.49 on sale BOGO. I used $1 printable Qs. OOP was 74c each. More than I wanted to pay but a good deal to use up my extra Qs that expire soon.

While I shopped, Caroline collected these:

We were gone most of the evening and starved around 6pm. We made turkey bacon, scrambled eggs, and biscuits for supper. Caroline treated us and made some yummy brownies for dessert.

It was the perfect end to a nice day.

 

1 comments:

Shawna said...

This is such a great thing you found!

That's a sweet picture of Caroline.