Friday, June 13, 2008

Deals of the Week

Recently I started researching money saving tips on the internet. I have some friends at church who have become very good at frugal living and stockpiling. I have been inspired by this family and when they gave a coupon class at our local library, I jumped on the chance to go. I walked away armed with lots of helpful tips and plenty of useful information. I was even more inspired when their oldest son (who is not yet a teenager) started explaining great deals they had caught at various stores. He explained it like a seasoned pro. "I can do this," I thought, so I set my mind to it and got to work this week.

 

Walgreens 6/13/08

  • Multi-Betic Multi-Vitamins 60pk ($9.99, FAR)
  • Walgreens Gluco Shot ($1.99, FAR)
  • Walgreens Calcium Creamies 75pk ($5.99,FAR)
  • Theragran 130 pk ($4.99, FAR)
  • Ecotrin 45pk ($2, FAR)
  • 3-pks of 40ct Band Aids (on sale for .99)
  • Scrubbing Bubbles Fresh Brush Max Pads (on clearance for $2.29)
  • Scrubbing Bubble Automatic Shower Cleaner Kit ($19.99, $5 rebate)
  • Electrasol Power Balls ($2.99, $1 rebate)
  • Used 3 - .75 Qs on the band aids
  • Used .50 Q on the Electrasol
  • Used $7 Q on the shower cleaner kit
  • Used $5/$20 Walgreens Q
  • Total OOP (after rebates and Qs): $11.95 (tax included)

A couple of these things will be donated and a couple of things are items I splurged on (the shower cleaner kit). The rest is stuff I will use right away or add to my stockpile. Overall, I feel that my first Walgreens savings transaction was a success. I was a little apprehensive about trying this at Walgreens because I had just become used to the CVS transactions. However, I'm feeling good about it and I think I will try using Walgreens too. Hey, being able to save lots of moolah in two places, well, that's just priceless!

CVS 6/10/08

Transaction #1

  • 2 Garnier Nutritioniste Scrubs $11.98
  • Used $11 in ECBs,
  • OOP: $ .98
  • Earned $10 ECBs
  • Didn't have any Man Qs for this but it was a great deal anyway!

Transaction #2

  • Listerine Smart Rinse $3.49
  • Oral B 2pk $6.99
  • 2 - Ajax Dishwashing Liquids $1.76
  • Used $1 off Listerine Q
  • Used $10.48 in ECBs
  • Earned $10.48 in ECBs
  • OOP: $ .83

Food Lion 6/10/08

  • 2 - Kotex 24ct pads BOGO ($3.59 each)
  • 3 boxes of Curves cereal on sale for $ .99 each! (The normal price at FL is about $4 a box)
  • Used 2 - $1/1 Kotex Qs
  • Used $1/1 Curves cereal Q
  • OOP: $4.13
  • As a side note, they were out of Curves granola bars and Strawberry Chex cereal. Both were on sale for $ .99 so I marched myself right up to the customer service desk and got rain checks for those! Sweet!

I've got a few more deals to take advantage of tomorrow. It's been a pretty good week! I'm looking forward to more great purchases and getting better at finding deals as I go.

3 comments:

Annie said...

That's great Sonya! Good job!

Judi said...

Cool! I need that class!

Alyssa @ KeepingTheKingdomFirst said...

Hooray Sonya! You are doing great! What does hubby think now?