Saturday, June 21, 2008

Looking For "Green" Ideas

Today I realized that I'm not a spring chicken anymore. I don't feel like I'm almost in my mid-30s but I have noticed that I look like I am. For example, I noticed today that when I laugh, I have major lines around my eyes. Where did those come from? I'll take any and all suggestions for the best wrinkle cream you know of! It's funny how I had never noticed those lines before.

I also realized that I'm not near as handy as I should be. I've come to depend on electronics so much that to be without them seems rather strange. I've wanted to learn to sew clothing for several years and have tried to rope my mom into teaching me. She never has the time so I just pushed that aside. I want to scrapbook more but we all know that's more fun when you've got someone to do it with. I want to exercise daily but just don't have the motivation. Recently, I've decided that I want to live more "green." I want to recycle more than I do. I want to find ways to cut water usage. I want to make a compost pile.

All of these are things that I can do. I need to invest a little bit of time to get them all going but after that, these things will become as easy as getting up in the morning. As I find neat ideas, I'll share them. If you have any, I'd love to hear about them.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the colors on your blog

Anonymous said...

I don't feel like I am getting older either, but I realized it for sure when I rode the Thunderhead wooden roller coaster at Dollywood. I felt like my brains were shaking around inside my head. I don't think it felt that way when I was younger! :)

gail@more than a song said...

I live in an area that has absolutely no recycling at all! I feel like I throw so much away that could go somewhere, newspapers, etc. But I'd have to save them for a month at least until I could go to Jackson about 90 miles away...that's just not feasible either. I did however just recently buy some canvas bags from walmart that I can use for shopping! So I'll have to start teeny tiny and hope that one day things will change here.