Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Getting Back On Track

There's something I love and hate about dieting. I love being able to stop and restart a diet that really works. I also hate that. WW has been great in that it's the easiest diet I've ever tried. It has really worked and produced amazing results. My problem is that I got off track for a few weeks and now I'm finding it hard to get started back up. I've felt sick for these past few weeks though and I think it's due to going back to old eating patterns.

I was reading a Fenphedra review recently and was fascinated by it. I learned that NPY, a stress hormone, decreases your metabolism and definitely increases your appetite. Yep, that's what is wrong with me right now. That NPY is getting me! I'm on a mission to get it under control and get things going strong again. I also need to get back on the treadmill (yuck!). I think that'll take a few weeks though because I really hate that thing. I'll just continue to use gardening as my exercise for a week or so and maybe by then I'll have worked up the motivation for the treadmill.

Speaking of the garden...it's doing very well this year. I planted six or seven tomatoes (from seed) and I ended up with eighteen plants! Go figure. I guess the wind was blowing when I planted the seeds! They are starting to produce and I'm suddenly starting to panic. I'm going to have so many tomatoes at one time! We planted them mostly for salsa but I'm going to have so many that I'll have to learn to can half of them. I can see all kinds of great things coming from this. I'm going to try my hand at a homemade spaghetti sauce and a tomato sauce for pizza. We've also got jalapenos, green pepper, broccoli, okra, pickling cucumbers, green beans, squash, watermelon (if it produces), and zinnias.

How about you.....what have you planted this year?

1 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Hi! First time here I think. I've been on Weight Watchers in the past and have had success when I stuck with it. When I get back home (Canada) from south Korea, I think I'm going to start back up. Best of luck as you continue your journey with it.

Shelley
http://inkscrawls.blogspot.com
http://confirmtheworkofourhands.blogspot.com