Monday, July 21, 2008

Menu Plan Monday ~ July 21-27

I haven't posted my menu in awhile so I thought I'd join in today. I've got to find some way to keep myself accountable else I'm going to have to resort to taking Leptovox ! I didn't realize it would be so hard to jump back on the diet wagon once you fell off! I'm determined to do it though and all of my recipes are Weight Watchers friendly.

  • Monday ~ Grilled Burgers, Fries, Salad (Greens w/warm turkey bacon dressing)
  • Tuesday ~ Beer-Soaked Beef, Mashed Potatoes, Salad
  • Wednesday ~ Slow-Cooker Cheeseburger Soup, Bread
  • Thursday ~ Skillet BBQ Chicken, Green Beans, Salad
  • Friday ~ Mexican Meatloaf, Pintos, Salad
  • Saturday ~ Easy Ziti, Italian Cheese Bread, Salad
  • Sunday ~ Out

You may notice a theme, salad. We're really enjoying salad right now, even though the lettuce I planted in our garden was a total flop! We do have an army of tomatoes coming up and some jalapenos that are just about ready to be picked. I need suggestions for some tried and true meatless dishes. I'm thinking a nice cheese or bean burrito recipe would be just what the doctor ordered. We eat meat at every meal and if I even mention that we might be having a meatless dish, my hubby almost passes out. The ziti recipe above....you guessed it! He wanted me to add meat to it! I don't have a problem with that but our budget does. So, I'm looking to incorporate at least one meal per week that is meatless. Eventually it would be nice to have two of these types of meals each week. If you've got suggestions, send them my way. I'm all ears :-o) If you're interested in any of the things I've listed above, email me and I'll be happy to share the recipe. I can't link directly to them because they are on the members only portion of the WW site.

For more menus, visit Laura.

4 comments:

gail@more than a song said...

I think I have some recipes for some meatless things; I like to do it at least once a week but people around here have fussed about it! Eventually it got a bit better....I'll see if I come up with them and let you know later.

Unknown said...

saturday sounds good

Anonymous said...

My husband used to cringe at the thought of a meatless meal, but he actually encourages them now. Of course, he still likes his meat, but he will eat a vegetarian meal a few times a month. hehe

Meatless Monday said...

Hey, check out MeatlessMonday.com for lots of recipes and menu ideas. We're a nonprofit public health campaign trying to encourage Americans to enjoy meatless meals at least once a week.