Thursday, August 7, 2008

Favre....Soon To Be In A Jets Uniform

Since everyone else is talking about it, I'm gonna mention it too. Brett Favre is going to the NY Jets!! Finally! The drama is over and he can get to work. I have really enjoyed watching Favre play over the years. I especially loved watching him last season. He seemed to be having so much fun. When he gave his retirement press conference, I wondered how he could walk away from football. As a former athlete, I know how hard it is to give it up after years of commitment. The drama was really getting on my nerves and I was longing for the day when I could turn ESPN on without hearing or seeing Favre's name. Thank goodness it's over and we can all get back to our normal routine.

I look forward to watching this all unfold. I like Favre as a person but the Jets, well, not so much:-o) I'll still be pulling for my Colts, Cowboys, and Titans. I do hope Favre shakes things up in New York and has success in whatever is left of his playing career.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Favorite Boy does not like the Jets, so he was disappointed with the trade.

I am just glad it is over. I felt he (and others) acted less than professionally during all this. I hope they can all get to business now and move on.

gail@more than a song said...

I have always liked Favre, especially because he's a MS boy! But have never loved the Jets, I'll root for him though. And I was a bit disappointed too in how all this played out; was upset over the weekend when I thought he might be after the money they might have offered but maybe that was blown out of proportion. Glad it's all over! And they think there's drama with girls!

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Man I soooo don't care about Favre...I'm glad the drama is over too...

Hey, changes on the old blog face eh?

Unknown said...

haha Mrs. F, guess what? I was so sad when I heard that Brett Favre was going to the Jets. Do you know why? Because I think he should RETIRE!! :P :P

Sonya said...

D,

I think once he retired, he should have stayed in retirement. I guess it could be worse though....he could've been traded to the Steelers! LOL!

Unknown said...

True dat. I would be VERY upset then. I would get blog just so I could write about how much that bothered me :P