Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Rite Aid Deals 8-4-08

Yesterday was an excellent day for going to Rite Aid. They had several FAR (free after rebate) deals that I wanted to take advantage of. I made up my list ahead of time and headed to Rite Aid after piano lessons. Here's what I walked away with:

  • Twin pack of Bausch & Lomb ReNu Multiplus solution $9.99 but FAR
  • Revlon nail polish $2.99 but FAR
  • Stayfree pads $2.99-$1.99 SCR-$1Q=.99cents
  • Gillette mens shampoo $4.49-$3.49SCR-$1 Q=free
  • Infusium 23 shampoo $5.99-$1SCR-$3Q=$1
  • Gillette Fusion razor $9-$5SCR-$4Q=free
  • 2 pk of light bulbs $2 but FAR
  • Acne treatment $7.99 but FAR
  • Olay facial cleanser $7.99 but FAR
  • Charles Worthington conditioner $4.99 but FAR

I can't believe I never took advantage of these generous deals until about a month ago! The total before coupons was about $60. After coupons (I had $11 worth of those), my total was $49.72. After my rebate check comes in, I have spent $1.99 plus tax for all of these items! Even if you're not into finding deals, couponing, or saving money, you have to admit this is wonderful! Rite Aid is very generous for running so many great FAR items. These are items that we can all use. It's not just a bunch of junk that they want to push out of the store. I'm very excited and glad to add these things to our stockpile. I'm going to have a wonderful time creating gift baskets for relatives come Christmastime.

Even if you don't want to fool with clipping coupons, you should check the Rite Aid sales paper each week and take advantage of these wonderful deals. They ran a deal last week that allowed me to get toothbrushes, toothpaste, and mouth wash very, very cheap. I paid 50 cents for six toothbrushes. Don't need these items? That's ok. Take advantage of the deals anyway and donate the items to your church or local shelters. There's always someone who can use them.

2 comments:

LynAC said...

I didn't know you were on here too! I like the deals! I've never done them either. Are you doing the grocery game? I looked at it but didn't really think it was much of what I usually buy.

I like your template!

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

I'm trying to imagine the person you plan to work out a gift for this year that includes zit cream and lightbulbs...ha, ha!

Wait, I could use those things...