10 Simple Things That Make You Happy
I think I'm a pretty simple person so this should be an easy one for me :-o)
- Fresh flowers ~ for the past two years, I've grown my own very colorful zinnias. I love them. I cut them every couple of days and they are in my kitchen, bathroom, and living room.
- Having pets ~ I could not imagine a home without pets...furry ones. We have a dog and four cats and it's hard to imagine not having them all. I'm also not sure how I'd sleep at night without one of our cats curled up in bed with us. How do people live without them?
- Having supper guests~ Love it....love it....love it. The more the merrier!
- Games ~ We really enjoy playing board games, as well as card games. In fact, we had a great Rook game going while we were at the beach. Some of our favorites are Rook, Phase 10, Pictionary, Scattergories, Scrabble (my fav), Tri-Bond, and Trivial Pursuit.
- Gardening ~ Stress relief, exercise, and fresh veggies all in one!
- A roaring fire ~ I absolutely love nothing more than building a fire in our fireplace in the cooler months. Sometimes I build one when it's not even that cold just because I love watching it.
- Football ~ I am a total geek when it comes to sports. I love most sports and could watch them 24/7 if someone would bring me food and remind me to bathe. Seriously.....did any of you see the Cowboys/Eagles game last night? Was that exciting or what!!!
- Crushed ice ~ One of these days I'll own a refrigerator that makes crushed ice. I love it. I'm convinced it makes soda taste better! Sonic has the perfect ice.
- Batter dipped foods ~ onion rings, shrimp, chicken.......this list could go on forever. There's nothing better than batter dipped foods. Sure, it's not good for your health and cholesterol but seriously, have you ever eaten onion rings from The Varsity in Atlanta? If not, you have no idea what you're missing.
- A good chick flick ~ Pride & Prejudice, Cranford, Emma.....you know, the good ole' sappy ones!