Tuesday, September 16, 2008

10 on Tuesday: Simple Things

10 Simple Things That Make You Happy

I think I'm a pretty simple person so this should be an easy one for me :-o)

  1. Fresh flowers ~ for the past two years, I've grown my own very colorful zinnias. I love them. I cut them every couple of days and they are in my kitchen, bathroom, and living room.
  2. Having pets ~ I could not imagine a home without pets...furry ones. We have a dog and four cats and it's hard to imagine not having them all. I'm also not sure how I'd sleep at night without one of our cats curled up in bed with us. How do people live without them?
  3. Having supper guests~ Love it....love it....love it. The more the merrier!
  4. Games ~ We really enjoy playing board games, as well as card games. In fact, we had a great Rook game going while we were at the beach. Some of our favorites are Rook, Phase 10, Pictionary, Scattergories, Scrabble (my fav), Tri-Bond, and Trivial Pursuit.
  5. Gardening ~ Stress relief, exercise, and fresh veggies all in one!
  6. A roaring fire ~ I absolutely love nothing more than building a fire in our fireplace in the cooler months. Sometimes I build one when it's not even that cold just because I love watching it.
  7. Football ~ I am a total geek when it comes to sports. I love most sports and could watch them 24/7 if someone would bring me food and remind me to bathe. Seriously.....did any of you see the Cowboys/Eagles game last night? Was that exciting or what!!!
  8. Crushed ice ~ One of these days I'll own a refrigerator that makes crushed ice. I love it. I'm convinced it makes soda taste better! Sonic has the perfect ice.
  9. Batter dipped foods ~ onion rings, shrimp, chicken.......this list could go on forever. There's nothing better than batter dipped foods. Sure, it's not good for your health and cholesterol but seriously, have you ever eaten onion rings from The Varsity in Atlanta? If not, you have no idea what you're missing.
  10. A good chick flick ~ Pride & Prejudice, Cranford, Emma.....you know, the good ole' sappy ones!

 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a magnificent list.

I hope you can realise some items of it each day.

My list can be found ::here::.

Enjoy your day.

Teena in Toronto said...

Good ones, especially #2!

I played too!

Mandalyn said...

Love your list! We love to play games! Have you ever heard of farkle? It's really fun if you get a few couples together!

Misty said...

We could be the same person. :)

gail@more than a song said...

I love to play games too! And you're oh so right about Sonic ice, the best.

Joyful Days said...

Great list! I agree with all but supper guests. Actually, after they arrive I am fine--it's the getting ready for them that stresses me out. I worry too much.

Blessings,

Julie