Friday, October 3, 2008

Got A Stain?

I am always on the look out for great products and last week, I was able to try one that is sure to become a staple in our house, all thanks to MomCentral. We have children and as most of you who have children know, there is always a mess to clean up. That goes with the territory. Our youngest daughter can't sit at the dinner table without getting half her food on the table cloth, in her chair, or on the floor. And when it comes to spilling things on the carpet, well, that is a given around here.

My normal reaction to cleaning up a carpet spill is to drag out the big old carpet cleaner. It's so much work to get it all ready to go, just to clean up one little area. A few days ago there was a chocolate stain that needed to be cleaned up. Instead of the running for the carpet cleaner, I grabbed a bottle of Spot Shot. I had never used it before but was happy to learn that it is non-toxic, biodegradable, and safe to use around our kids and our pets (and we have a lot of those). I sprayed the Spot Shot on the stain and then started to blot it with a clean rag. Instantly, the chocolate started to come up. A few more sprays and five minutes later, you couldn't even tell the chocolate was there! It even removed the chocolate smell that was in the carpet. I was pretty impressed. It's funny but I can't wait for another spill because I know what little bit of work it takes to get it up now. The best part of all of this is that there is also a product called Spot Shot Pet that is said to eliminate all those pesky pet smells. I can't wait to try it!

You can buy Spot Shot in a spray, which is what I used, or an aerosol can. You can find it at most major stores, in the cleaning supply aisle. If you'd like more information before buying this product, check them out at the Spot Shot website. It's well worth trying!

0 comments: