Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Early Christmas Present

I got my Christmas present early this year. It wasn't planned. It just kind of happened. I totally blame my neighbor, Jessica. She's the one who faithfully came to my house, picked me up, and took me (as her guest) to the gym. She had hoped I would become a member and that we could go together a few times a week. It was the perfect plan. We were both very excited. That was until my frugal side came out and ruined it for us!

You see, the yearly fee for gym membership was pretty high once you figured it up. I figured I could take that same amount of money and invest in a piece of gym equipment for the house so that I didn't even have to go out to get my exercise. The only thing I ever seemed to use at the gym was the elliptical. I already have a manual treadmill at home so there was no reason for me to use that at the gym. So, instead of spending the money for the yearly gym membership, we decided to go invest it in an elliptical. I feel good about the decision, as I think it is the best use of the money. I know that I will get much use from the elliptical and that it will only benefit me as far as my health is concerned.

So, no more thinking about alli . From here on out, it's diet and exercise all the way. No more letting myself go. No more gaining 20lbs at a time. No more feeling terrible. Just good healthy thoughts in my future!

 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great gift to give yourself! I hope you enjoy it. I do go to the gym because I do classes and find that the peer pressure helps me. However, if the elliptical is the main thing you are doing anyway, you made a wise choice!