Sunday, November 30, 2008

2008 Christmas Meme

Saw this over at Annie's and thought it looked fun. Feel free to participate and please let me know if you do so that I can read your responses!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both....I do tend to use bags more

2. Real tree or artificial? Real, real, real....it just isn't a tree (to me) if it isn't real!

3. When do you put up the tree? The week after Thanksgiving

4. When do you take the tree down? First week of January

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes I do

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Cabbage Patch doll....it had it's own little birth certificate and her name was Sonya. She even had red hair!

7. Do you have a nativity scene? No but I'd love to have the Willow Creek nativity set, just in case anyone wants to buy it for me :-)

8. Hardest person to buy for? My in-laws...both of them.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Caroline....she likes a variety of things so it's easy to pick something for her.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Now I can't share that! The person who gave it to me will be devastated! LOL!

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Snail mail....really, who emails Christmas cards???

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story, Elf, It's A Wonderful Life

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? It really varies...this year, I haven't even started. Usually though, I shop all year long. I like to have it done well before Christmas.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Ham, party mix, homemade candy (peanut butter fudge)

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? We try and alternate. It used to be only clear but since the kids really enjoy colored lights, we've done those for the past few years. This year however, it's clear.

17. Favorite Christmas song? "Mary Did You Know", sung by Michael English.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Spend Christmas Eve with in-laws who live just around the corner. We spend Christmas with my family in Virginia so we travel but only an hour and a half.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph (is that all of them?)

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Presents with the in-laws on Christmas Eve....presents with our small family on Christmas morning...presents with my family in VA on Christmas evening.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? rude people, hearing the same old Christmas songs over and over and over, people spending more money than they need to in order to impress others. The joy of the season far outweighs the annoying things though!

23. What I love most about Christmas? Spending time with family, having a tree up, celebrating the birth of Christ, and lots of good food!

TAG. YOU’RE IT.

1 comments:

Misty said...

love this! What fun!