Saturday, December 6, 2008

Tummy Mix Up

So for the past week, I've had the most HORRIBLE stomach bug known to man. Yep, me. The one, who only last week was bragging about never being sick. At one point, I was even complaining to someone that I never got sick enough to have anyone wait on me hand and foot. Boy did I stick my foot in my mouth!

Thanksgiving went wonderfully. We had a great visit with my mom and came home from West Virginia on Saturday. That night, I started to feel a bit under the weather but it wasn't until Sunday night that the full force of it got me. I was so sick that I could barely get out of bed for anything. Clive Owen could have been knocking at the door and I wouldn't have cared. All of my bills could have been unpaid and 100 debt collection agencies could have been calling and I wouldn't have budged. Someone could have put a platter of my favorite foods within reach and I would have balked at it. It was just that bad. In fact, it was worse than that. Seriously.

I'm finally getting back to normal, five days later. I tell ya though, it's still lingering. We got pizza tonight and I ate one slice....one slice! Pizza is my favorite and I always eat more than one slice! I'm working my way up to a peanut butter shake. I'm going about it very slowly though. I hear this thing has been going around. I am thankful that no one in our house got it besides me. Not sure how that happened. Anyway, if you get it, I'm sorry. It's bad. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The only advice I can offer is get yourself a nice warm blanket, plenty of water, and go to bed. And seriously, if Clive knocks on your door, just send him to my house.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Egads! A peanut butter shake is enough to send me into tummy bedlam. Seriously, you know when I hear peanut butter shake that I vomit in my mouth! PB shake = complete disgust! Now, pizza....that's another story..

Glad you are feeling better though...

Sara said...

Oh, I had that and it lasted about a week with me, too. It was awful...

Glad you are feeling a bit better!!!