Monday, January 12, 2009

I Want Soup

Tennessee weather is slaying me right now. It's madness...pure madness. One week, it's 70. The next week (like this week), it's cold, cold, cold. I have no idea how cold. I'm too cold to check :-) Hubby and I are constantly joking that we don't have winter in TN anymore. We rarely get snow and when we do, it only sticks around for a few hours. I think in the past five years, the girls have been sledding TWO times. Now, I'm not one for cold weather because I prefer to be warm. However, I hate, hate, hate having a week where I pull blankets up to my eyeballs at night and then the next week I have to turn on our ceiling fans. See, this is the madness I was referring to!

Since this week is a cold one, I'm dying to eat soup every night. If I can't stay warm on the outside, I ate least want to eat hot soup to keep me warm on the inside. I can't just get out a pot and throw a soup together. I need a recipe. Not just any recipe. I want tried and true recipes. I want soup recipes that will make me salivate just reading them. Hence the reason for this post. I can search online all day long and find a gazillion and six recipes. But I don't want to do that. I want to hear from you. I want the recipes you love and make often. I'm talking chili, corn chowder, minestrone....the whole nine yards. There aren't many soups we don't like. Thanks to fellow blogger Amanda, I'm dying to make soup bowls and fill them with some tasty concoctions. So, bring on the recipes ladies :-)

6 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I think we're having the same weather here as you guys are. Saturday it was 72 and by dark, it had dropped into the 40's. It's supposed to be a lot cooler all week, and like you, it makes me hungry for soup! I could eat soup two or three times a week, but I am married to a meat and potatoes guy who doesn't really think soup is a meal :)

I have several recipes that are tried and true for us. A potato soup I got on AllRecipes (golden potato), taco soup, easy black bean soup, easy black bean chili, cheeseburger soup, a crab soup (under the name Julie) and a broccoli cheese I've made for years. I have all of my recipes on our family website, click here to go to the soup section.

Hope that helps!
Have a great day!

Misty said...

i have no good soup recipes... Aside from chili or cabbage soup, I've never even made homemade soup... sad.
It's a goal though...

Sara said...

I'll post a soup recipe for you tomorrow - gotta go find it...it's good - actually, my favorite!

gail@more than a song said...

I love soup too! Will even eat it in the summer but it's especially good in winter. I love taco soup and have a recipe for it if you're interested...and cheeseburger soup is a fav here too...I think it's on our family website for recipes and looks like Stacy put a link to that soup section for ya! I thought of one other but poof, it's out of my brain already!

Unknown said...

i loveee soup specialy mushroom soup its just yuummm
hotels near central park

Unknown said...

i love to have hot soup in the chilling winter
Dabur Amla Hair Oil