Monday, January 19, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook: 12/19/08


Outside my window...is a beautiful white blanket of snow and the biggest snowflakes are falling.
I am thinking....I do not want to drive to piano lessons today :-)
I am thankful for....George and Delores P. for their wonderful Christian example.
From the learning rooms....more Saxon Algebra with my oldest and Astronomy with my youngest.
From the kitchen....I smell leftovers from supper last night (ugh!).
I am wearing...work out clothes because I do plan to exercise shortly!
I am creating...daily check lists for the girls so that they can better keep up with their accomplishments each day.
I am going....to look for formal dresses with my oldest again this evening.
I am reading...Facing East by Frederica Mathewes-Green. I'm taking my time because it is excellent!
I am hoping....to get our lives more organized in the coming weeks.
I am hearing...the sound of the shower and of the heat blowing from the vents in our home.
Around the house....everything is unusually quiet...except the sneezes I hear coming from my oldest, allergy prone daughter :-)
One of my favorite things....this week was making a new friend named Karen. She is actually my hubby's high school friend but I stole her :-)
A few plans for the rest of the week: Fill out student loan applications and financial aid stuff, get our schedules more organized, and to paint the bathroom we are remodeling.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...this week I'm not posting a photo but this is the image in my head....tonight we will settle down to a hot bowl of soup, we'll watch Horton Hears a Who with our girls, we'll read more Facing East as a family, and we will thank God for every minute of our day as we say family prayers together tonight.

For more, visit: The Simple Woman's Daybook

0 comments: