Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Thank God For Friends

I have a beautiful neighbor. No, I'm not referring to her physical beauty. The beauty I am speaking of goes much deeper than her skin.

I met Jessica about a year ago. I can't even really remember how we met. As it turns out, we are both stay at home, homeschooling moms. We found that we had many more things in common. We both have two daughters and all of the girls are close in age. We have similar homeschooling styles. We like many of the same things and there is only a few years difference in our ages. Best of all, we live about three houses from each other!

At some point, we realized that we both planned on teaching Latin to our children. We quickly devised a plan to have all our kids together for this and to alternate houses each week for the lesson. Since Logan has already been through most of the Latin curriculum, we determined that she could teach the class to the other three girls. This gives Logan some independence and responsibility while allowing Jessica and I to oversee the lessons and to fellowship. In the short time that we have been doing this, we have noticed how much our girls enjoy getting together, learning together, fellowshipping together, and watching their mommies build a friendship. To make a long story short, this family has been a real blessing to us. I never expected to form such a meaningful friendship.

More than the friendship, Jessica has been a wonderful example to me. I tend to get caught up in details. Jessica tends to look at the bigger picture. She sees things with such clarity. She has strong convictions. She isn't afraid to speak her mind (which I personally love). There are so many more things I could say about her but I'll simply say this.....I'm very thankful for her friendship. I thank God every day for making our paths cross.

This is a song Jessica introduced me to the other day as we were driving home from our Saturday shopping trip to the mall. I had never heard this before and fell in love with it. I hope it touches you as it did me. Thanks Jess!

 

3 comments:

Misty said...

it is a beautiful song! I love friends too... I wish my neighborhood would produce it's own sort of Jessica, to balance out my life...

Sara said...

Isn't it great to be able to connect with someone so well. Glad you have such a neat friend.

Shawna said...

What a blessing for you and your girls to have such good friends right down the road.