Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Snow, Movies, and Upchuck

We finally got a few inches of snow this evening. It's cold as whiz and when we noticed the snow was coming down pretty heavy, we decided to make a movie store run. After picking up a couple of good prospects, and Jeff doing some doughnuts in the grocery store parking lot, we made it home and settled in for the night. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with that man!

After reading a little bit, I decided to catch up on my DVR recordings of House and ER from the past couple of weeks. When they were finished, we decided to start one of the movies. By this time, it was already a little after 1AM. We should have said no but we love to punish ourselves by not getting nearly enough sleep! We were watching The Mirrors, which is a little creepy to begin with. With about fifteen minutes left to go in the movie, sweet little Caroline came strolling in with this horrific look on her face. She's scared of her own shadow so I figured the movie had awakened her and the creepy music had scared her socks off. She attempted to screech out a few words and the only ones I heard were "my stomach." I immediately jumped up because this kid never mentions her tummy unless something is REALLY wrong. Five minutes later, I'm peeling the sheets and comforter off her bed. As usual, her "my tummy" turned in to throw up everywhere at 3AM. Why oh why?

Thirty minutes later, all is right with the world again. Throw up is cleaned up. Nasty bedding is tucked into the hamper. Baby girl is asleep on the floor with her trash can by her side. I scurried back downstairs to watch the ending of the movie, which disappointed me. Now, here I sit....at 4AM....with visions of throw up in my head....it was a horrific sight....it was a chocolate cake/spaghetti noodle combo. How in the world am I supposed to sleep on that?

Gross....just gross!

2 comments:

Misty said...

funny!!!! scary movie? Eh... Puke- cue slasher music...

gail@more than a song said...

I've been catching up on my dvr recordings, and ER is one of them....I'll have to say that I think they've had some pretty darn good ones this year, in their final year! Too bad some of the other years couldn't have been like that. Boo, I might miss it now that I'm into it again.