Friday, April 17, 2009

Love Me Some Ice Cream

I love me some ice cream. I love it for dessert. I love it for a snack. I love it for breakfast. I love it before bed. I never turn it down! With so many companies making it and so many varieties, I never get bored where flavors are concerned.

When the good people over at Mom Central asked if I'd like to sample some new flavors, I jumped on the chance. They were kind enough to send me some samples of the new Haagen-Dazs five. It is made with only five ingredients and has less fat than other types of ice cream (ah, let's face it....all ice cream is fattening and that's why we love it!). When the UPS guy knocked on my door to deliver the samples, I almost trampled him! Nothing comes between mamma and her ice cream!

I received samples of the ginger, mint, brown sugar, and passion fruit. I gathered the family around as I opened each container. Of course, I got the first taste and then I passed each container on to the family. Passion fruit is quickly becoming my favorite! It is very rich and creamy. I think the only thing more exciting than finishing this batch is going out and getting more! As a matter of fact, I think I'll go out and get the new chocolate flavor this weekend. If you haven't tried the new Five, I urge you to do so. It's worth every last spoonful :-)

2 comments:

Sara said...

They sound good - hmmm, I'll have to see if we have them up here.

gail@more than a song said...

Ice cream taste testing, that's one tough job isn't it!