Sunday, March 25, 2007

Weekend Reflection # 7

Great week here! I was able to get several things accomplished. That's always a great feeling!

The Good Parts

  • For two days, we were able to help a new family in our church who just moved here. On Monday, we were able to take them a meal so that they could unpack without having to worry about making supper. Tuesday, we took them another meal and Logan stayed for a few hours to help the mom clean the house and get some things unpacked.
  • While Logan helped clean and unpack, Caroline and I were able to swing over to a friends house for a birthday party. Their daughter turned 9 and they were kind enough to invite us over to celebrate. I enjoyed fellowshiping and left with much encouragement.
  • Wednesday, we enjoyed a real treat. My aunt and uncle drove over from Virginia to visit. Since Jeff works from home that day, we were all able to enjoy their company. They were kind enough to take us to lunch....Red Lobster....yummy! We had a nice meal and of course, Caroline had to have dessert. Boy, I'm glad she did! She ordered Chocolate Wave Cake that had ice cream on the side. Honestly, I've never seen a piece of cake this big! It was so big that six of us were able to split it! It was yummy! I'll have to say it's a close second to Chili's Molten Chocolate Cake! They also brought some clothes and books for Logan. It was a real treat to see them since we only get to see them a few times a year because of everyone being busy with their own lives.
  • Friday we took my brother-in-law out to supper since he had worked at BMS all day. He had been feeling a little better and was ready for a nice meal. He looked tired and I worried about him the entire time we ate. He looks so weak and I was really afraid he would have a seizure while we were eating. I'm happy to report that we finished our meal and when he left us, he was fine. He works at the race track every year and since he's been out of work for the past few months, he had hoped to make some extra cash by working up there again. There's more to this story in the Not So Good Parts below.
  • Today was really nice. Besides the fact that the weather is gorgeous, Jeff and I were able to work on a project together. We tried our hand at making a bookcase out of scrap wood we have. We did a pretty good job and we didn't even yell at each other during the process! LOL! We aren't finished yet. We need to put the back on it but we have to borrow my FIL's truck since the piece for that is so stinkin' big. I'll post a picture as soon as it's complete.
  • Since the race track is less than two miles from our house, we've enjoyed seeing all of the traffic that goes through our little town.
  • I'm about to go out and watch Jeff grill burgers! It doesn't get any better than that!
  • The cat woke me up again this morning (biting my hair and pulling it) but I got up at 6:45 am and washed both of our vehicles! Woo Hoo! It's only been about two months since I last washed them!

The Not So Good Parts

  • My brother-in-law is back in the hospital. He has been working at the race track and this morning had a sugar low which caused him to pass out. He ended up at the ER again and they've decided to admit him, at least for the night. They've found something wrong with his heart and they believe that it is due to the diabetes. It may be that he is suffering mini strokes. We hope to know more tonight when Jeff's parents return from the hospital.
  • I haven't made much progress on painting my trim....mostly because I've put it off. I have been able to prime a set of bifold doors and I primed the bookcase we made today. Other than that, I've not been too motivated. I think I'm burned out! LOL!
  • The race is in town. This is good (as I stated above) and bad. It's fun to watch all of the people come through. They bring alot of business to our small town...but, since we live less than two miles away from the track, traffic is murder all weekend! We usually can't get out to go to church on Sunday everytime the race is here. Looks like this weekend is no exception. I really dislike not being able to go to church.

What a fun week! I'm even excited about doing my menu plan this week! I love it when the weather is pretty and I can get out in it and enjoy my family. I hope you've had a good week and I hope next week is even better!

For more WR's, drop by Judi's!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a good week! Family from Virginia. I was born and raised in Virginia! Great place! Hope you have a good weekend.

Annie said...

Sounds like you had a great week!
blessings~
Annie
My Life as Annie!

Mandalyn said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm looking forward to getting to know new people! I'm glad you had a good week! I love when family comes to visit! I will be praying for your brother-in-law! Keep us posted on his progress!

God Bless You!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a good week. I will be praying for your BIL. I know how concerning that is. My mother has diabetes and she had those mini strokes once too. I will be thinking of you all. Blessings to you this week!

Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that your brother-in-law is in the hospital. I hope it doesn't end up being really serious!

Robin Green said...

Enjoyed reading your reflections. I like the way you divided it into good and not so good. I may try something like that! Enjoyed reading your blog!