Saturday, April 21, 2007

Weekend Reflection # 11

I really have no idea where the time goes in a week. It seems that I look up and it's Saturday before I know it! The great thing about Saturday getting here so quickly is that Sunday, the Lord's Day, is next! A day of rest and a day to enjoy worshipping the Lord. That's what I look forward to every week.

Here's what happened in my neck of the woods this week:

The Good Parts:

  • You know, the good parts really make up every minute we are here. Every breath we take is a gift from God. Even though I post things under The Not So Good Parts, I want you to understand that I love every second of those parts too! No matter what the hardship might be, I thank God for it.
  • Jeff worked from home everyday this week.
  • We made good progress on our new deck. Jeff, his dad, and his brother are building it together.
  • I'm almost finished with Leanne's swap package and I hope to mail it out to her today.
  • I received my swap package from Leanne and was blessed with so many wonderful, thoughtful gifts!
  • I found some really cute scrapbooking paper and stickers at the Dollar Tree! The best part is that they were only $1 each!
  • My BIL has been pretty healthy all week. He hasn't had to be put on dialysis yet and although he feels yucky when he wakes up each day, he feels pretty good once he gets going.
  • Jeff is finally over his battle with allergies/sinus crud that he had for several days..
  • No one was injured when our gas line was punctured this week. See below for more explanation.
  • When I was checking our gas level in our tank this week, I discovered that a bird had built a nest under the hood of it and there are three tiny eggs in the nest!
  • Sanjaya was voted off of AI....it seems that everyone in the world is happy about this! LOL!

The Not So Good Parts:

  • I missed my dental appointment this week.
  • I missed the AIG conference going on in the area this weekend because we are working so hard on the deck. I really wanted to take the girls but we just have too much work left to do.
  • While digging post holes for our new deck, Jeff punctured the gas line. We have a gas water heater and propane heat. A service guy from the gas company came out and fixed it and we haven't got the bill yet.......we're guessing at how much it'll cost!
  • Our cats have been trying to figure out a way to get under the gas tank hood and gobble up the tiny eggs and the mama bird that have made their home there! Thankfully, they can't fit under the hood but that hasn't deterred them!

There you have it. A great week with only a few bumps in the road. I hope you've had a great week and I pray that next week will be even better! I'll leave you with a little peek of what it looked like out my kitchen door when our old deck was torn down.

Everything is gone!

The old wood that used to be our deck!

Day 1 of the new construction....We have a new frame!

About 7pm, we have a new floor!

Today is Day 2 of our construction so we'll see how it goes today. This section of the deck will be screened in and covered. Beside this section, there will be a nice 10x12 section of uncovered deck. I can't wait! For more WR's, check out Judi's place!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good week your way! Hope that bill for the gas line repair isn't too shocking! I bet your deck is going to be awesome. I am so jealous. I don't have a deck. Looking forward to pictures of the finished product. Oh, and I think I might have to get in on that swap next time. What fun!

Robin Green said...

You had a wonderful week! I'm so jealous about your deck--I would love to have a screened in porch--to wonderful for words! Glad you enjoyed your swapping--that does sound like fun! Hope you have a great weekend!

Mandalyn said...

What a busy week! Your deck is going to be beautiful! Sorry about the gas line! I'm so glad noone was hurt--and I hope it won't be too expensive! Have a wonderful weekend!

God Bless!

Annie said...

Looks like a lot of hard work going in on your deck. I mailed my swap a couple of days ago. It was fun gathering things up. Your things look so cute.

Annie

Mandalyn said...

Thanks for volunteering to be randomized. I'll be posting my questions for you in a couple of days. I'm going to wait and see if anyone else wants to play as well. I'm already working on my questions though!:)

Anonymous said...

You're deck is gonna be wonderful! So glad it's coming along so well! LOL, when that bill comes, let us know the damage! :o)

Glad you had a nice week!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good week! How exciting to have a screened in porch! I would use our deck more if it were screened in. Keep us posted as you finish it!

Shawna said...

I'm so behind! What a bummer with the gas line! Looks like a pretty good week! Great find at the Dollar Tree. Dollar General has a few scrapbooking things, too!