Monday, May 7, 2007

A Dress For Madalyn

Maddie is the cute little baby girl of my friends, Kasi and Mike. She's such a doll and I can't resist looking at little girl stuff every time I go shopping. Saturday I made my daily trip to Walmart (just kidding...I only go every two days! LOL!) and found this really cute fabric. I was so excited and I immediately envisioned a dress for Maddie! I bought some and off I went to whip it up! I have to say that I'm not 100% thrilled with the ribbon straps and they'll probably come off as soon as I decide what I really want to use. I thought it turned out cute though. I don't really know how to sew. I can mend things and I can do some basic things but I can't make clothes. I can sew together small quilt tops but that's only because my best gal pal Jenny taught me how to do that. Anyway, I hope you like the dress and I'm telling you, this material is awesome! All you have to do is hem it and sew a seam. It's great! I'll be purchasing more of it so I can make Caroline some dresses for the summer!

 



post signature

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! That's super cute!! If i was a little girl, I would wear that with pride! :o) I happen to love the ribbon straps. Good Job!

Jenny said...

I like the ribbon straps too! I will definetly be checking that fabric out...You have done a great job and I am so proud of you!!

Anonymous said...

How CUTE! I am so impressed. I wish I knew how to sew!

Jill said...

So cute! I can't sew a thing... and I think you are very talented!

Shawna said...

That is so cute!! I love the colors!

Anonymous said...

Precious! You did a wonderful job and I love the ribbon straps :)

Annie said...

I'll have to check it out and see about making Izzy one too. Very cute!

Holly said...

It looks smocked at the top - is it not? Very cute!!!! I'll have to pass along the idea to my M-N-L as she sews, smocks, knits, etc... and I feel confident she could make this. I LOVE the print too!

You should definitely give the South Beach Diet a try (if you are looking to lose some). I highly recommend reading the book first b/c it helps to understand what food does in our body and how our body breaks down the different types of food, i.e. sugar! :) It's not really a diet, it's a new way of healthy eating and I highly recommend it! Let me know how you do!

Good luck!

Robin Green said...

What a very lovely dress--you have a wonderful talent.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Ooh, that is adorable! From someone who can't sew on a button, I am totally impressed with your sewing talents :)