Saturday, May 5, 2007

Weekend Reflection # 13

I can't believe it's the weekend already! I guess when you have a lot to do in the week, it tends to fly by. That's just what mine did!

The Good Parts:

  • We enjoyed a wonderful worship service on Sunday. This is always such a wonderful start to my week. After church, we came home and had lunch. After we rested for a bit, the girls and I settled in to watch the A&E version of Pride & Prejudice. Since we didn't have service at church Sunday night, we had the entire evening free. Caroline and I made it all the way through the movie but Logan only lasted through the first DVD. She has a hard time sitting for two hours, much less the entire length of this movie!
  • Caroline had ballet class twice this week and I was able to sit in on one of them. Normally this is not the case since the studio is small and space is limited. It was nice to watch how she had matured over the year. Her instructor also talked to me afterwards and gave Caroline some nice compliments. It was very nice of her to make it a point to tell me how well she was doing in class. She suggested that Caroline move up to Ballet II after the summer. I was also able to talk with a voice coach while at ballet class and she suggested that she evaluate Caroline to see what interests her as far as music goes. Caroline has a beautiful voice for an 8 year old and I really want to encourage her to use it. We'll see how she does next week with the voice coach.
  • I was finally able to get my hair cut on Friday. I hadn't had it done since December! It's always nice to be able to do this. There's nothing like someone else washing your hair! LOL!
  • Jeff and I have had several wonderful moments together this week. I was just telling someone that it's like he and I are one person. We compliment each other so well that it's scary! God made the perfect partner for me in him. My love for him has such depth to it that it amazes me sometimes. I don't know what I'd become if I ever had to live without him.
  • Today we enjoyed a conference that our pastors are hosting. It was about Christian culture and was very interesting. Guest speaker Gene Veith Jr. gave a lecture on post modern times that was good and one of our pastors, RC Sproul Jr gave a lecture on living in peace and quietness with all men that was wonderful!
  • I'm looking forward to a wonderful worship service tomorrow and afterwards we'll all go to a local park for a picnic.
  • Annie made me a signature that I just adore! Thanks Annie...you are such a remarkable woman!
  • Jenny, another friend, and myself will be starting a Bible study together soon. We'll be using Martha Peace's book The Excellent Wife. I've started reading it already and it's really good. This will be a wonderful way to study our role as wives plus spend a little quality time with my friends! I'm very excited about doing this!
  • I was finally able to get a new Verizon phone after two years. We get new phones every two years and mine had been broken for a few months. It was so broke that I had to hold it with two hands in order to use it! LOL! I just didn't want to pay full price for a phone until my contract was up. When that happens, they give you a $100 credit so I was waiting on that! My new phone is great because I only need one hand to operate it!
  • Caroline lost a tooth during ballet class this week! I'm so glad it came out because it was driving me crazy! She is so afraid to pull them out so we have to wait on hers to fall out themselves. It takes much longer for that to happen and I was really tired of looking at this floppy tooth!
  • On Friday, I wasn't feeling well so I was in and out of bed for half the day. When I got up at one point, Logan and Caroline were sitting in their bedroom quietly doing their school work. Logan was on the computer doing her Switched On Schoolhouse while Caroline sat quietly in the floor doing a spelling lesson! I didn't tell them to do this. Logan just took over and made sure they were getting it done! My kids are my joy...have I said that lately?!!!
  • My nephew caught a big honkin' fish this week! He was so proud! It's a 8 lb. 27 inch long brown trout.

The Not So Good Parts:

  • The roof we put on our deck is leaking in several spots. Come to find out, the slope on the room is not low enough and water is laying on the shingles. It is somehow working its way through the shingles and down into the inside of our new covered part! We think we've figured out a way to fix it but we'd appreciate your prayers. It has rained for the past two days and is supposed to do the same today. The more it rains, the more the leaks do their thing.
  • My garage is a real mess and needs some attention. I'm trying to wait until we are done with most of the deck construction but it's driving me nuts. Every time I go into the garage, I feel the urge to sweep and tidy up! That's hard to do when there is a ton of building materials in the floor!

It's been a fun week! I hope you've had a great one! To read more WR's, go visit Judi!



post signature

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Yowsie..tht IS a big honkin' fish!! And those red walls...me loves! lol!!

Anonymous said...

That fish is huge! The things you said about your husband were beautiful! I hope you will comment on the Excellent Wife. I have it here, but I haven't read it yet. Let us know what you learn!

Anonymous said...

Whoa, that's a huge fish! :o)

Sounds like you had another great week! I loved how your kiddos got right on their work. What great initiative! :o)

Annie said...

Sonya, you are too sweet for words. Your week sounds eventful and fun. I do hope you figure out the roof situation. I know that was a disappointment when you had worked so hard to get it done.

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet about your husband. I have one of those awesome hubbys myself. Your kids are really blessing you! Just shows they have a great mom! I hope your deck roof situation gets fixed. I know it's a a bummer. Blessings to you this week! Oh and love the new signature!

Mandalyn said...

I know how you feel about getting your hair cut! I was so proud to get mine cut on Wednesday. I even posted about it on my WR as well!

I'm glad you had a great week!

By the way, that is a HUGE fish!

Shawna said...

I just started reading "Pride and Prejudice" this past week! It's a little hard to understand at times but is still good.

How wonderful for Caroline!! Glad your conference went well and sorry about your roof! Hope you're able to get it fixed soon!