Saturday, May 12, 2007

May Day Challenge

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Jenna has motivated me to take the bull by the horns and go for it! I have been carrying around extra pounds since having my youngest daughter, who is now 8! I never had problems loosing weight until after having her. I developed a thyroid disorder while I was pregnant with her and that has made it difficult for me to lose the weight. My weakness is sugar. I have to have my sugar after a meal. I love my Pop Tarts too! I especially love Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pop Tarts. I eat them for breakfast, a snack, or for dessert. I love them that much. They aren't good for me and I need to cut it out. With that said, I'm saying goodbye to the Pop Tarts for now, in hopes that changing my eating habits will change and I'll be a healthier person come September. I'm not ashamed to say that my current weight is 155 and my goal is to lose 20 pounds. That's a reasonable goal for me and I think I'll still look healthy. I'm not concerned with being skinny, just being lighter and healthier. I am also posting a before picture of myself because this will help motivate me. I have a tendency to give in to my cravings and if I have something to visually motivate me, I'll be more apt to stick to my guns.

My plan is to count calories and reduce them more each week. I also want to replace my bad sugar habits with healthier habits. I plan to find creative ways to eat fruit so that I don't get bored with it. I love fruit so I think I can do this. I also need some exercise to help my progress. So, I pledge to clean my old manual treadmill off this weekend and by Monday it will be useable. I will start out walking on it for ten minutes and I will add five minutes to that each time I feel like I've mastered my goal time. I will walk on the treadmill every day (except The Lord's Day) next week for ten minutes. I also need to improve my sleeping habits. I have a really hard time going to bed most nights. I need to do something relaxing each night so that I can train myself to "shut down." If anyone has suggestions for herbal teas or things of that nature that will help prepare me to "shut down" each night, I'd love to hear them.

In summary, my plan looks like this for next week:

  1. Eat healthier and cut calories (I will determine how many calories I need to cut overall to reach a healthy meal total)
  2. Walk on the treadmill for 10 minutes every day (except The Lord's Day)
  3. Go to bed earlier so I can get more sleep

I'll need encouragement so be ready! LOL!

Thanks to Tales From The Scales for hosting this challenge!



post signature

5 comments:

Robin Green said...

Yay! Someone else to walk beside on this journey! I know you can do it--I bet cutting the pop-tarts and the treadmill will make a great difference--and that is doable! I'm glad you joined in!

Anonymous said...

I'm rootin' for you, too! :o) Getting rid any eny extra weight gets so much harder as we get older. If I'm correct, don't you have Hypothyroidism? That makes it even tougher for us women, huh?! Good luck on this new journey! :o)

Mandalyn said...

I know you are going to do great! Good luck to you and I really mean that! I struggle with my weight also and know how frustrating it can be!!

I'm rooting for you also!

God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Best wishes to you! You can do it!

Shawna said...

Those are some great goals!! You can do it! They are very obtainable and practical. I've been having more trouble with sugar lately, too, since staying at home with Scamp.

I don't drink Herbal Teas or anything but a bath before bed relaxes me, and I know there's some aromatherapy candles and salts and stuff for the bath that may help.