Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Meme About Me

I found this neat meme over at Stacy's and I thought it would be fun.

What were you doing 10 years ago? May 1997: I was going to college, working at Office Max, spending my life mostly alone. My family lived at least 1 1/2 hours away and although I had friends, I didn't hang out with them much. I mostly worked, went to school, and went home. In October of 1997, I met Jeff and we started seeing each other. We were married in December 1997.

What were you doing 1 year ago? The most exciting thing in our house at that time was the five (2 month old) kitties we were helping. There were kittens everywhere and we were loving it. You see, a stray mama cat lived in our woods and had given birth to at least three litters of kittens in the past, of which, only one survived. We had "taken mama cat hostage" and she gave birth to the kittens in our house in March. By May, these little boogers were running around everywhere and basically owned our house!

Five snacks you enjoy: This is an easy one! Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pop Tarts (my fav), Reese's PB cups, Three Musketeers, dried pineapples, and queso n' chips.

Five songs that you know all the lyrics to: "Homecoming" by Rhonda Vincent, "Home" by Michael Buble', "Pacific Time" by Kenny and Amanda Smith, "Man in the Mirror" by Mountain Heart, and my favorite right now, "How Can I Keep From Singing" by Chris Tomlin.

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire: Pay off all debt, buy a farm and animals, pay off my mom and my in-laws debt, invest some and put some in savings, give to our church, and adopt several children. Yes, I know that's six things!

Five bad habits: Eating junk food late at night, folding laundry and letting it sit in baskets for days before putting it up, not going to bed when I should, not taking my thyroid medicine when I'm supposed to, and my cleaning obsession. I like to vacuum the carpet and not walk on it! LOL!

Five things you like doing: Blogging, scrapbooking (or at least attempting to), watching movies with Jeff, having company over and making a big meal, and homeschooling my kids.

Five things you would never wear again: My red leather Michael Jackson coat (don't have it anymore either! Thank goodness!), red Reeboks ( had these when I was in high school), bikini (I've never worn one and never will), baseball hat (I lost hair because of this one), and big hoop earrings.

Five favorite toys: Computer, digital camera, oven (I love to experiment with dessert recipes), microwave (cooks in half the time!), sewing machine.

*Instructions*: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone else up a place. Add your blog to the bottom slot like this:

Pieces of Me

The blog. Yep. The blog.

Dog's Eye View

Vader's Mom

Mo Mhile Gra

Next, select five people to tag:

Jenny

Holly

Shawna

And anyone else who'd like to play along....

 

 



post signature

5 comments:

Holly said...

I LOVE cats - and this picture is just precious!!!!

Yes, I'll play along! Gotta get some things done around the house first though. :)

Jill said...

I'm am so right there with 'ya on not putting the laundry away. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Fun! I can't imagine having 5 kittens in the house at once.

I haven't tried that kind of pop-tart. I need to pick some up. I love my strawberry ones!!!

Anonymous said...

I just love *Home* ~ He's awesome! I could listen to his CD over and over again.

Raising kittens is so much fun! We had a group of 5/6 kittens that were just a week old and the Mom got killed ... the kittens were in our bushes. We brought them in and raised them. It was such a wonderful experience for us.

Shawna said...

Oooh! I just love kittens -- cats of any size for that matter!

I tried on of the choc chip pop tarts yesterday! It was delicious!! They had them in line at Wal Mart.

I'm sure that red leather coat will come back in style!!