Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Time Travel Tuesday--My First Blog

Here's my first attempt at Time Travel Tuesday, hosted by Annie. Each week, we visit a past time in our life and this week we're going back to our first blog. My first blog post was in January 2007. I had been reading the blog of my RL friend Jenny, and she inspired me to start my own blog. I loved the idea of sharing my life with others and any opportunity to talk about my family is a big plus! My first was a brief introduction about our family....

 

After lurking for many months, my family and I have decided to start a blog here.  It's our first attempt at a real blog and we are learning alot!  We are excited to share our lives with you.  My husband and I live in East Tennessee with our two daughters, four cats, miniature schnauzer, and two fish. (We really have a thing for animals!)

Many wonderful things have happened as a result of my blogging. I've met many wonderful ladies and I love that! I feel like I have friends all over the world and that's an awesome feeling! I have talked about my family more and I love doing that. I've been able to write about alot of things my kids do and they have enjoyed that! LOL! I've even been able to connect with my extended family more through the blog. They read it on occasion and always email me to tell me when they enjoy the post. Blogging has been a nice addition to my list of hobbies. It's probably a hobby that I will enjoy for years to come. I think blogging lends itself to our being able to express ourselves more freely. My hubby has been able to laugh alot because of my blogging! He gets really cracked up when I tell him about something that one of you have shared and I have to remind him that Annie, or Jenny, or Shawna, or Holly, or JennaG, or Mandalyn, or Amberly, or Lauren are my "blogging friends". I'm sure he thinks I'm a nut! LOL! I must say that I have really enjoyed getting to know each of you and that blogging has really been a wonderful experience so far. It's everything I thought it would be.

I originally started blogging at HomeschoolBlogger and switched to Blogger a few months ago. I switched mainly because I felt it was easier to connect with other Blogger members if I had a blog here. I also had a hard time with HSB because my posts would get "eaten" alot. If you're interested to know what I blogged about before coming here, check out my HSB blog here. When all is said and done, I look forward to waking up everyday and reading about all of your new adventures. It's really cool!



post signature

7 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Great post Sonya! I didn't realize you lived in E TN (we're headed up that way soon!). Love the photo and I love the same things you described about blogging. I feel like I've connected on a weird level with so many wonderful ladies. I do the exact same thing with my husband ... tell him things and say "my blog buddy Annie" said that, etc. He looks at me funny, but he understands it at least :)

Great post!

Anonymous said...

Fun post! My hubby thinks it's weird to hear about my "friends" and how I have to outline which ones are which so he can keep them straight. I loved penpals as a kid and feel like blogging has given me that option again. I can write to people all over the world and I get to learn about them and their lives. (plus, it's a lot faster than airmail!)

Annie said...

Great first post, beautiful picture too! I'm glad to have met you through blogville!

Annie

Robin Green said...

I love the family picture--very nice. I'm so glad to have met you too--my husband has sort of gotten into this whole bloggin adventure. I think he thinks it's a good thing.

Anonymous said...

Great post ~ Yeah, my family has kinda been pulled in, too. I'm always talking to my husband about bloggy things, as well. :o)

Shawna said...

Blogging has really been a blessing to me, too. My mom, MIL, FIL, and my hubbie (if not more of my relatives) can't wait to read my posts!! If I get behind, Beef asks me why and tells me I need to post something new!

It's so weird saying my "online friend." I'm so glad we've had such a good time getting to know each other!

Amberly said...

I was just reading through some of your previous posts and I can't believe you mentioned me! Sorry I haven't been over to your blog before! I'll be making regular visits from now on! :)