Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thursday Thirteen # 6

Thirteen Books On My TBR List

These are in no specific order and are only thirteen of the books I want to read soon. I have bookshelves full of things I want to read!

  1. 90 Minutes In Heaven by Don Piper. I am currently reading this one and will be done is a couple of nights. I'll post about it when I'm done.
  2. Even Now by Karen Kingsbury. I tend to like alot of her stuff and this book is getting off to a great start. I have also just started it.
  3. Silas Marner. I have wanted to read this book forever and I finally bought it a while back.
  4. Let Me Be A Woman by Elisabeth Elliot. She inspires me.
  5. Fidelity by Douglas Wilson. I love Doug and Nancy Wilson and their books are very applicable. I find tons of ways to apply them to my life.
  6. For The Children's Sake by Susan Macaulay.
  7. Through Gates of Splendor by Elisabeth Elliot. I started reading this several months ago but put it down. I had just watched The End of the Spear and I was still very emotional from it. This is probably one of the next books I'll read.
  8. Reforming Marriage by Douglas Wilson. I've already stated that the Wilson's write books that are very applicable to life. I believe this one will be an excellent source of encouragement for married couples and even those who are planning to marry.
  9. Jack's Life by Douglas Gresham. This is the life story of C.S. Lewis and I think it'll be an interesting read. My oldest daughter will start reading it soon and I'll get it after she finishes.
  10. The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards. This sounds like a good one. I'm probably going to cry ALOT while reading this one! I'll be sure to post about it when I get to it. I found this book at a thrift store for 50 cents!
  11. Tales from the Bed by Jenifer Estess. This one also sounds good and I got it for 50 cents! Can't go wrong with those kinds of bargains!
  12. Training Children In Godliness by Jacob Abbott. This one doesn't need an explanation. I have children and I want to teach them to be godly.
  13. The Real Lincoln by Thomas Dilorenzo. I've read the forward for this one and it's going to be meaty. It's going to be a lot for me to deal with since I was educated in government schools and have a skewed vision of Lincoln. All I ever heard was what a great man he was. I think this book will be a real wake up call for many who have only heard one side of Lincoln's character and life.

There you have it. These are thirteen books I want to start and finish soon. Right now, I am reading 90 Minutes In Heaven and Even Now. I'm not sure if I'll continue to read two books at one time but I'm trying it out to see how it goes. To see more TT participants, go here.



post signature

6 comments:

Kat said...

Oh great list! I'll have to check some of this out!

Anonymous said...

I have The Memory Keeper's Daughter on my list as well. Even Now is good, and the sequel is as well. I haven't heard of some of the others on your list. I will have to check them out!

Annie said...

I read even now per jennag's suggestion it was really good!
that's quite a list sonya.

Corrie said...

Looks good! I've really been wanting to read 90 Minutes in Heaven. Happy Reading!

Jill said...

I love to see others' reading list. The only one on your list that I've read is The Memory Keeper's Daughter and I really enjoyed it.

Shawna said...

What a great list! I'll be reading the Memory Keeper's Daughter soon.