Monday, June 4, 2007

Menu Plan Monday June 4-10

I haven't posted a menu in a few weeks because I've been lazy! We've had company this weekend and we are trying to finish up a few things on our deck this week. Because of all of that, it's been a little distracting and I'm going to wing it this week. I'm hoping to use what I have on hand and then grocery shop this weekend! My cousin, Missy, always makes fun of me for posting my menu. She says she doesn't have enough time to do that. I've found that I have to start taking time to do it EVERY week. I know I spend more money on groceries when I don't have things mapped out. Therefore, I must do better. Even though this menu will be somewhat thrown together, I will do better next week! BTW, this is a picture of my cousin (I hope it embarrasses her!) who always gives me a hard time. She is also the one who snatched my purse at the mall this weekend! Don't worry, you know what they say about paybacks! You'd better watch yourself Missy! LOL!

Monday: Lasagna, salad, garlic bread. I have to take a cat to the vet this morning so I need a low maintenance supper tonight! It seems that I am always taking a sick animal to the vet! This time, one of the cats came home with a lame leg. Not sure if it's broken or what but he won't put any weight on it and he can't climb stairs very well. Sheesh!

Tuesday: Sloppy joes, tater tots, beans. This is Bible study night so again, I need something that is easy and fast to make.

Wednesday: Hamburger Steaks with Onion Gravy, Savory Grilled Potatoes (Thanks Carrie!)

Thursday: Salisbury Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Steamed Green Beans

Friday: NY Strip, baked potatoes, salad

Saturday: Eat Out

Sunday: Soup beans, Cornbread, Fish

Check out more menus at Laura's!

As a side note, I just have to poke fun at my hubby. He was catching up on reading my blog the other day and ventured over to Carrie's place (I didn't know it at the time). When I sat down to my computer in the evening, I noticed that there were several recipes on my printer. I pulled them off and noticed that they sounded familiar. Turns out, they were from Carrie's menu last week! He's so funny! I asked him if he had been "stalking" Carrie's recipes and he quickly admitted that he had! I appreciate his help in finding recipes and I think this was his way of telling me he wanted to eat something different this week! LOL! Thanks for the recipes Carrie!



post signature

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROTFL! That's hilarious! Tell your husband he's welcome to stalk my recipes anytime he wishes! How cute!

Your menu this week sounds so yummy! Hope y'all enjoy everything!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Too funny that he went all stealth and printed you some recipes :) Your menu sounds delicious - sloppy joes, hamburger steak and those potatoes, yummy!

Have a great day and a terrific week :)

Annie said...

That is hilarious!!!

Jenny said...

I think it's a hoot that Jeff is stalking recipes now!! You need to catch him in the act and take his picture!!

Shawna said...

LOL! I wander what's in store for Missy?!! I haven't had salisbury steak in a long time! I've never made it myself. Sounds really good.