Monday, July 9, 2007

Menu Plan Monday July 9-15

I always say it's better late than never.....without further ado, my menu (and the crowd goes wild....raaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh):

Monday: Bowtie pasta w/tomato cream sauce, bread

Tuesday: Grilled brats, fried taters, leftover cowboy beans

Wednesday: Chicken fajitas, refried beans, queso-n-chips (I'm using sun dried tomato flavored fajita wraps)

Thursday: Salmon patties, potato wedges, pinto beans

Friday: Eat out

Saturday: Maybe be going to the Grandfather Mountain Highland Games so we'll eat there.

Sunday: Church picnic so we'll have a light supper (Freschetta or Digiorno pizza probably)

I'm still stuffed from the bowtie pasta w/tomato cream sauce we ate tonight! A wonderful lady at church gave me the recipe and I lap it up every time we make it! Yum-O! All it requires is 1 quart of heavy cream and a bit honkin' jar (2lb jar)of Ragu traditional sauce (you can use something other than the traditional if you want). You heat the heavy cream (about 3/4 of the container) just slightly and then add the Ragu. Heat it on med/high heat until it starts to bubble and then turn it down to medium until it gets the consistency you want. You can add crumbled up hamburger, italian sausage, or whatever you want to make it to your liking. This stuff is just good! I also use it to dip bread in (the loaves you can buy at Walmart for $1.25).

Have a great Monday!



post signature

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum. I am stuffed too. We had pork chops, fried zucchini, and boiled potatoes. It was de-lish.

Anonymous said...

yum--all of that sound wonderful!

Kelli said...

Wow! Your menu sounds delicious and I'm drooling over the cream sauce...yum! Thank you for the recipe!

Kelli

Anonymous said...

We're grilling brats tonight, too ... and no, that's not the neighbor's kids, LOL. Your menu sounds wonderful this week!

Jenny said...

Hey! I've been to Grandfather Mountain-twice!! ;) That sounds like a fun time!

Shawna said...

We all love salmon patties, but the first time I made them, they stunck up the house. Even though they were really good, Matt forbade me from ever making them again!!!