Friday, August 3, 2007

Show and Tell Friday

Kelli hosts Show and Tell Friday and I always love looking at what everyone has to share. This is the first time I've taken time to show anything but I love the idea and I hope to participate regularly. I think it's a wonderful way to share some of my special things with all of you. I want to share an item I found at a thrift store this week. I don't get to thrift shop nearly as much as I'd like but I was able to make a quick stop this week and I'm so glad I did. I found a butcher block cutting board for $2, a nice chrome wine rack for $3, and this cute little candle holder.

Here's what it looked like before I cleaned it up. Notice the frumpy old candle and imagine all the dust I had to clean out of it:

I cleaned it and added a pink candle (since pink is my favorite :-o)

It now sits on the coffee table in the living room and I just love looking at it. It opens on top and reminds me of a birdcage. The best part is that I got this little beauty for $1.50. I hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by and remember to head over to Kelli's to see other Show and Tells or to add your own!



post signature

12 comments:

~Molly~ said...

I love the candle inside the bird cage! My mom gave me a similar cage but I have yet to decorate it. Will get on that now that I've been inspired!

Molly, from east Texas

LadySnow said...

I love that new candle inside. It is so pretty. Great idea.

Carole Burant said...

Isn't it amazing the little treasures you can find at thrift shops:-) I love it that you were able to clean it up and install a new candle in it..it looks fabulous!! xo

Susan said...

Very lovely. I like the delicate pink.
Susan

Anonymous said...

How pretty! I just love things like that!

ellen b. said...

That is a great candle holder and you made it look wonderful. I love to thrift shop. Blessings...
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/

Barbara H. said...

How lovely! What a sweet find, and you did a great job with it. I love pink, too.

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Paula said...

It's so much fun to go treasure hunting and come home with a bargain. You did a great job of fixing up the bird cage. :)
Blessings,
Mrs. C

Robin Green said...

I love these kinds of finds--I just never seem to find them. It looks beautiful on your table.

Kelli said...

What a great find and you did a wonderful job on the makeover! Just beautiful!
Kelli

Trudi said...

Very pretty.

TrainingHearts said...

Beautiful and such a wonderful price!

Thanks for visiting my blog :)