Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I'm A Slacker, What Can I Say?

So I've been a bit of a blogging slacker lately. I can't help myself really. I'm just having so much fun living that I didn't want to take time out to sit behind my desk and type! This evening I decided that I should take a minute to write something before I become so totally boring that even my own family will stop reading! Caroline is off staying the night with Jeff's parents. Logan is upstairs doing her grammar lesson for the day (she is one diligent kid!). Jeff is at bagpipe practice. That leaves me...sitting here....trying to type something.... interesting. If only I had an environment conducive to writing.....

Just yesterday I pulled into the driveway and saw this little beauty.

I DO NOT like snakes. It doesn't matter to me whether or not they are "good" snakes, as my hubby always tries to spin it. I don't like em'. Don't want em' around me. Dead or alive, makes no difference. Thank goodness, this one was dead. It looks like one of my ferocious kitties bit it a few times! I love those kitties! All five of em'! I mean, just think if it were alive and had slithered in front of me when I got out of the car! I would have passed out on the spot....after I screamed bloody murder, of course. This thing could have done some real damage to my emotional state!

Never mind that I picked it up with this piece of paper and brought it inside. I'm sure there's something wrong with me for doing that! What's funny is that I'm still afraid of snakes, even if they are dead. I could not bring myself to touch this thing. I scooped it up with the paper or rolled it over with a branch. Ack! If someone had bumped into me and made the snake move, I would have been out cold!

I put it beside this Sharpie so you could see just how big this little babe was. It's a killer isn't it?!!!

Anyway, an environment conducive to writing....my favorite man kitty thinks he owns me and that I have no right to sit at my desk alone. He decides that he'll show me! And he did! As soon as he jumped up, I could no longer type for bashing him in the head with my elbows! So, I gave up and took a few pics of him. He's such a camera hog! I always did want a lap kitty!

Anyway, an environment conducive to writing.....my good ole' pal Jenny went and got her own domain and thinks she's the big time now. As I started writing this post, she emailed me to tell me to go look at the mummy picture she posted. I emailed back and said ok, I'll look at it in a minute because I'm in the middle of a post myself. Did she completely understand because she's the greatest friend in the world? Uh, no! She emailed me again to say that she can't believe I won't drop what I'm doing and go look at it. Can you believe the nerve of that girl?! LOL!!!! She won't even wait for me to catch my kids up in science so that we can get together and do experiments. She just keeps flexing her homeschooling muscles and barreling on without me...sniff, sniff. I forgive her though because she made me laugh by posting this pic.

You see, I'm being a slacker because I'm enjoying all of the above mentioned things (and countless others!). Can ya' blame me? We were also able to enjoy the fellowship today of a friend from church and five of her six children. I didn't snap photos but if I had, you would have seen a pic of our nice little lunch, seven of the cutest little children you've ever seen (including my two gals), many, many Hot Wheels cars, dolls, board games (Clue and Imaginiff where the picks of the day), and my friend and I having a three hour long chat about life, religion, homeschooling, and planning, just to mention a few things.

I'm sure I won't always be a blogging slacker but for now, it look as though that's how it is. Now, if you'll excuse me.....



post signature

14 comments:

Jenny said...

Well...great! Now I can nevah evah come over since you have snakes slithering around. I know it's just one snake but there's never just one of those things...ack! And you put it on paper??!! Are you completely nuts?? I can't even come back to your blog until this thing has scrolled on to the
older posts" page...so get to writing chick...or you'll get a biscuit crammed in your ear next time I see you....which will be over here because of the snake situation over there...ack!

Corrie said...

I absolutely DESPISE snakes too, doesn't matter what kind. Glad that one was already taken care of for you! Maybe I should get a cat!

Jeana said...

Ugh! Snakes give me the shivers.

gail@more than a song said...

I think things have been quiet in bloggy world, getting into school routines and living/enjoying life as you say! Good for you!
But snakes are just WRONG! And you picked it up, ick, even with the paper, icky. I agree with your friend Jenny, get to writing something else so that won't be at the top! lol!
The cat we have here, outside, doesn't kill snakes, just birds! And he's done 2 in this week I think....kinda tired of that.

Anonymous said...

I HATE SNAKES! I can't believe you brought it in, even if it eas dead! I'll have nightmares just thinking about it!

Jill said...

I don't blame you one bit...life is so much more important. I do look forward to each of your posts. And that snake...eeek! They really creep me out, no matter how small.

Jenny said...

Ok, and just WHY did you pick that snake up?!?!!!! It was doing just fine, thank you very much, DEAD on the pavement OUTSIDE where it belonged!! I'm shivering at the thought! You are braver than I.

Robin Green said...

I think it's just great that you are living your life--don't worry about your blog--we're not going anywhere! That snake is extremely scary--I can't believe you picked it up even with paper. Yikes. What do you suppose killed it--do you know?

Robin Green said...

Oh--it was your cat?

Anonymous said...

You're so funny! I'm with ya on the snakes, LOL! They scare the honkers outta me!! I had to laugh when you put it beside the pen. That was a dinky snake, LOL! You crack me up!

Ya know, life ... it's such a beautiful thing. I'm learning not to feel guilty for enjoying it so much. I've been super busy with ... Life, LOL ... but just have always felt like I let others down when I don't *show my face* more often. I really don't enjoy that feeling. Therefore, I'm teaching myself to not feel guilty! It's nice to see you doing it too. You give me that extra *umph* to know it's okay to enjoy life and not worry about the other stuff!

Anonymous said...

My biggest fear is SNAKES!!! ICK!!!

But...you had me laughing with the "Crikey Mates!" sign!! :-)

Anonymous said...

One more thing...it is so neat that your hubby is taking bagpipe lessons. That is actually a dream of mine! :-)

Heather said...

I don't like snakes and we came across one in our barn ~ YIKES!!
I am enjoying your blog~

Shawna said...

I can remain rather calm around snakes unless it was to slither across my foot. Now spiders is another thing.

My cat likes to get in my lap while I'm typing, too. Then he pokes me with his wet nose for me to pet him.