Monday, August 6, 2007

Weekend Reflection # 26

What a crazy week! I can't believe it's gone already. I can't believe I'm so late with this post! I hope you'll forgive me.

The week was pretty typical until Tuesday. That was to be a busy day for me. I had to take the dog to the groomer at 10am and then had to drive 40 minutes to my doc appointment. It would have worked out fine, except that the groomer got sick and called me to come get the dog while I was waiting to have my blood drawn at the doc's office! There was no way I was leaving without my blood draw since I had to drive 40 minutes to get the dog plus I HAD to have a particular test run with this blood draw. As a side note, the hubster and I have had trouble conceiving for the past three years. We really want more children and have grown impatient. A few months ago, I started having tests done to make sure that there was nothing medically wrong with me. This particular test had to be done on a particular day and Tuesday was the day. So, now you understand that there was NO WAY I was leaving without getting my blood draw! Well, I did have it drawn but when I inquired about all of the tests that would be run, the most important test was not included....WHAT???? My doc had apparently forgot to add it to the order. Ok, I had a minor breakdown and explained to the check out lady that I HAD to get this test done. She emailed the doc (who was in surgery and couldn't be bothered) to let her know about her oversight. Thankfully, she called to let me know that they were going to run the test with the blood that they drew. Yay! I was happy. I did make it back to pick up the dog and then came home and planted myself! I was emotionally drained from all of the running around and the blood test deal.

Wednesday was an exciting day. My brother and his wife welcomed their first child into the world. They had a baby girl, Haley. I have not been able to see her yet but hopefully will get to do that soon. My brother and I aren't really close and since he lives in Charlottesville and is a cop, I rarely ever see or hear from him. He's taken some time off and they'll be staying with his in-laws for awhile. His in-laws live closer to me so hopefully we can work it out to visit with them and see Haley. I'm very excited to be an aunt, finally! I hope I'll be able to get to know Haley and enjoy watching her grow up.

On Friday, my BIL brought some tilapia fillets over and even cooked them up for us! He did a wonderful job and also fried some yellow tomatoes. I made hush puppies, homemade tartar sauce, and grilled corn on the cob. It was one of the best meals we've had in a long time! Caroline and I didn't eat the fish but did get hubs to grill us a hamburger. We're picky, what can I say!

The rest of the week was pretty quiet. Saturday, the hubster played with the bagpipe band at a festival in a nearby town. It's always fun but man was it hot! I really didn't want to go because it was so hot but decided at the last minute to tough it out. I'm glad I did. It cooled off and there was a nice breeze blowing. It was nice to see several families from church there too! I forgot the camera so I didn't get any pictures! Bummer!

This morning, hubs wasn't feeling so well so he stayed home from church. The girls and I went and heard a wonderful sermon. We came home and had a quick bite for lunch before I crashed for my afternoon nap! I love those! I finished reading The Nannie Diaries today and I was pretty disappointed with the book. The authors left it open for a second book but at this point, I don't think I'd bother reading it. I feel like I wasted my time on 300 or so pages of stuff that really didn't do anything for me. I'm glad it's over so now I can finish Mr. Darcy's Diary. I'm also reading The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis and I need to finish it up. It is wonderful!

I've also been trying to map out our school plans for the upcoming year. We school year round and I usually get all of my books ahead of time. I've got most of the things I plan to use but I still have a few things to get. I'm looking forward to doing a few more hands on things with the girls and hopefully doing some things to let their creative sides come out. I'm bad for not doing that. They did take a nature walk this week and picked some leaves to bring inside and sketch. They both did a wonderful job and I'll share those as soon as they finish up their projects.

That's about it around here. Nothing fancy or exciting. Just plain and simple everyday life. Just the way I like it! I hope your week was wonderful! Don't forget to hop over to Judi's to read more WR's. Also, remember her in your prayers. She has a friend who is sick and it's a sad time for her. Also pray that God would comfort this friend through whatever He has in store for her.



post signature

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Whew! Busy week! When do you find out the test results from your blood draw?
I'm in the planning phase, too, for school. Still waiting on some books to arrive!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sonya!

Shawna said...

Congrats on the new baby niece!

Robin Green said...

Congrats on you new niece--you know I just love my nieces and nephews so much. They add a sweet dimension to our lives. You did have a hectic Tuesday---wow. That would be enough to stress me out for awhile. Glad it all worked out. Hope everything comes back good with the tests.

Anonymous said...

What a busy week! I hope that there is nothing serious hindering you from having a child, and I hope that if the blood work show anything that it will be something easily fixed! Congrats on your new neice! Hope your husband is feeling better.

gail@more than a song said...

Sounds like a very busy week for you! I hope everything with your tests comes out ok.

Anonymous said...

Awww, Sonya! I'll be praying for y'all. Keep us posted on how the blood tests come back.

Congratulations on being a new aunt!