Saturday, October 13, 2007

Keeping Warm in NYC...or Not

When Jeff and I were in NYC last December, it was quite chilly. I took a cruise around Manhattan one day while he was in a meeting and I almost froze to death! The wind cut through me and my face was chapped like never before. I have never felt a chill like that in my life. I tried to enjoy looking at the Statue of Liberty from the boat but there was no way. I had to take my gloves off to snap photos and they felt like they would fall off within a matter of minutes after I uncovered them. It wasn't much better the night we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. I had on a long wool coat but it felt like the wind was blowing right through it. One thing we noticed was that everyone around us seemed to have on a North Face jacket.

I'm not sure if I'd ever opt to go back to New York in the middle of December but I will say that it was nice not to have to deal with huge crowds of people. I hear that the summer months are overrun with tourists. I do know that if I ever do go back in the cold months, I will buy me one of those jackets! There has to be something special about them if almost everyone living up there has one.



post signature

0 comments: