Monday, October 15, 2007

Menu Plan Monday ~ Oct. 15

I've been lazy for the past month and haven't really done a menu plan. This is not good. I find that it is so much easier to do one and follow it. It bring peace and harmony to my kitchen....except when the hubby tells me he's not in the mood for a particular food I'm cooking :-o)

This week will be a short one since we're leaving Thursday evening to go to Stone Mountain, GA. It should be easy to follow and I hope to keep up the menu planning. I appreciate all the people out there who are storing your recipes somewhere for the rest of us to try. I'm finding some truly yummy recipes!

Monday: Bowtie pasta w/tomato cream sauce (thanks to a friend from church), salad, french bread

Tuesday: Leftover Santa Fe Soup (Fix It And Forget It), cornbread

Wednesday: Asian Orange Chicken, rice, egg rolls (Thanks Carrie!)

Thursday: We'll hit the road as soon as Jeff gets in so we'll pick something up.

Friday: We'll be enjoying the GA Aquarium

Saturday: We'll be enjoying the Stone Mountain Highland Games and Scottish Festival

Sunday: We'll enjoy Stone Mountain Park and a few last minute stops in Atlanta before heading home.

I need some good ideas for lunches for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Breakfast is covered since we'll eat at the hotel. We get tired of sandwiches all the time for lunch and if that's our only option, we'll end up eating out for lunch. I almost can't stomach the thought of that either. So, if you have lunch ideas for me, please, share the love. It'll need to be easy to transport since we'll be on the go with it. We'll have a cooler so it'll be easy enough to take things that need to be chilled.

Check out more MPM's at Laura's.



post signature

6 comments:

Annie said...

We ate a lot of sandwiches for our lunches while in Orlando, but they were made at the Ice Cream place where we stayed. We opted to eat there (for free) rather than go out for lunch. I really enjoyed the variety of sandwiches so it was fun for me. Any time I am not cooking or concerned with preparing the food is good for me. One thing I have brought home from our trip is eating lots of fresh broccoli with ranch. They had it every night at the restaurant, and I loved it. I have added cauliflower, baby carrots, and baby clausen pickles for a nightly salad with our meals. YUMMY & I feel healthier eating fresh veggies. I think they help me not eat much food too. I didn't gain any weight while we were gone and weighed today after a weekend of good food and am down 1 pound!
Hope you guys have a great week and a wonderful outing!

Robin Green said...

I hope you have a great time on your trip to Atlanta. We went to Stone Mountain a couple years ago--I really enjoyed it. We also went to Six Flags. I have heard that The World of Coke is a cool place to go--if you're interested. So sorry we didn't get to meet--I didn't realize you were so close.

Jill said...

Wow- I didn't realize you were headed this way already. If you can, you should eat at the Varsity while you're hear. It's bad food that's really good! I'm not sure where you're staying but you could also try Roaster's...there's one in the Buckhead area of Atlanta. It was originally Kenny Roger's restaurant, but is now independent and they have great chicken and southern veggies. The Flying Buscuit is also very good. Let me know if you have any free time and perhaps we can get together. If not, I understand...have a wonderful time with your family!

Anonymous said...

Sounds good, Sonya! Y'all have fun! I loved Stone Mountain when I went!

Shawna said...

Mmm. Tomato cream sauce sounds good.

My hubby grew up (pre-teen years) outside of Atlanta. We always pack coolers with lunch stuff. What about a variation on sandwiches -- using pitas or Flat Out bread (makes wraps). Stuff either with chicken salad or regular deli meats and veggies or cheese, pepperoni, little bit of sauce and heat if a microwave is available.

Nancy Face said...

Have a wonderful trip! :o)