Friday, October 19, 2007

We Made It

We made it in to the Atlanta area around midnight. We made great time since we didn't actually get out of town until around 8pm. The drive is pretty easy and it seemed to go quickly. A few things I did not enjoy about the drive were:

  • Stopping at a McDonald's for a sundae and having to wait in the drive thru for a good fifteen minutes. Did they have to make the milk?
  • The terrible Route 25 going through Greeneville, SC. The bad thing is that alot of it is new four lane. It's just an awful road. I don't like it. It just seems dangerous at night. The visibility is terrible or something.
  • The many big trucks on the road. I know they have to be there but hey, I don't like em' on the road when I'm on it!
  • The fact that McD's people didn't give us any napkins with our sundaes. I had to ride from Greeneville, SC to Atlanta with sticky, icky ice cream covered hands. That's because they took so long to get it to me, it was half melted. Did I mention that they didn't give us enough spoons either? LOL!

A few things I enjoyed about the drive:

  • It's very easy to reflect when you're riding in a car. Lots of time to think about things.
  • That the drive was safe.
  • The Mexican food we ate before we left town was wonderful.
  • All of our stuff fit into the car.
  • We didn't have any car trouble.
  • That the hotel has internet access that actually works! Woo hoo!
  • Listening to the girls giggle.
  • Talking to my mom on the phone.
  • Talking to my MIL on the phone.

It's late and I'm off to bed. Hopefully we'll make it to the aquarium in the morning and to The Varsity for lunch. For now, good night. Until we meet again.....



post signature

4 comments:

Nancy Face said...

Boo for McDonald's...uh...service?

Yay for arriving safe...and Mexican food...and internet access...and sweet giggles...and happy phone calls! Have tons of fun! :)

Jenny said...

Ooh, I hope you made it to the Aquarium and you guys enjoy the Varsity as much as my family did! Get a chocolate shake for me ;) I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip.

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it safely. I hope you have a GREAT time!

Jill said...

Glad you're here...and I hope you have a wonderful time. Have a milkshake at the Varsity..and some onion rings. Sorry we couldn't plan a get-together this time...maybe next time, ok?