Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Crazy 8's Meme

Jenn over at Enjoying the Ride tagged me for this one.

8 things I'm passionate about
~Being a wife
~Being a mother
~Being a keeper of my home
~My faith
~My friends
~Technology
~Food
~Growing in all of the above mentioned things (except the food....don't need any help "growing" with that one!)


8 things I say often
~I love you
~Are your chores done?
~Are you finished with your school work?
~Did you feed the kitties?
~Did you brush your teeth?
~Where do you want to eat honey? (It takes us a long time to decide because we want the other to decide)
~Call me if you need me
~No way! (Every night before bed, Caroline tell us "don't let the bed bugs bite". She loves to hear us yell "no way" to that.....I'm not sure why, she's 8!)

8 books I've read recently
~Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson
~Big Stone Gap by Adriana Trigiani
~Big Cherry Holler by Adriana Trigiani
~Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
~Every Though Captive (the last two issues)
~The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
~The Complete Book of Soapmaking
~The Soapmaker's Companion

8 things I want to do before I die (in no particular order)
~Visit the Grand Canyon
~Go to Scotland
~Learn to knit well
~Learn to crochet well
~Learn to sew clothing well
~Witness the marriages of my daughters
~Go white water rafting
~Live a more agrarian lifestyle

8 songs I can listen to over and over again
~Pachelbel's Canon in D (my favorite piece of music)
~It Is Well (With My Soul)
~Whate'er My God Ordains Is Right
~How Can I Keep From Singing by Chris Tomlin
~The Voice of Truth by Casting Crowns
~O Sing A New Song (Psalm 98) This is one of the most amazing songs ever. We sing the version from the Cantus Christi.
~Home by Michael Buble
~Come Away With Me by Norah Jones

8 things that attract me to my friends
~Their faith
~Their desire to grow more Christ-like each day
~Their affection for our family
~Their hospitality
~Their example
~Their joy
~Their honesty
~Their generosity

8 things I've learned in the past year
~The method of square foot gardening
~That having wisdom teeth cut out is no piece of cake
~That I really could watch football seven days a week
~That I need to be more organized
~That it is devastating to see someone you know lose a child
~If you overlook the simple things in life, you miss the most important moments
~That we have way too many cats
~That it is very important to never get your oil changed at Walmart.....Incompetence there is rampant

8 people to tag
8 people who want to participate

post signature

3 comments:

jenn said...

Suzanne's Diary For Nicolas.
I read that book years ago, and I still tear up thinking about it. I don't know about you, but at the end, when we find out about Nicolas, my heart dropped. I cried, and I don't usually cry when I read. I highly recommend that book.
I'm glad you participated and did the meme. It's fun to get to know people by their answers.

Amberly said...

I love "It Is Well" too. It's my very favorite hymn. :)

gail@more than a song said...

If you go to Grand Canyon, you should definitely plan on hiking I say! We did that one year with our 4 kids, they did much better than me....we had to plan it almost a year in advance to get reservations at Phantom Ranch at the bottom to spend the night. The hard part is the next day, hiking back up! But you get to see so much of it that way.