Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thursday Thirteen...Southern Sayins'

Thirteen Southern Sayins'

I saw these in a local newspaper and wanted to share some of them with you.

  1. As welcome as a skunk at a lawn party
  2. Tighter than bark on a tree
  3. You can put your boots in the oven, but that don't make em' biscuits
  4. She could talk a coon right out of a tree
  5. Fine as frog hair
  6. He broke his arm patting himself on the back
  7. Too dumb to get in out of the rain
  8. As mean as a snake
  9. Skinny as a rail
  10. He ain't the sharpest tool in the shed
  11. As bright as a burnt out light bulb
  12. Cool as a cucumber
  13. Hotter than Georgia clay

For more TT's go here.



post signature

10 comments:

Patti said...

Well ... I have heard of some of these but I'm a Yankee born and bred so I'm not familiar with most of them! Happy TT!!!

geek-betty said...

ha - I've actually heard a few of these.

Holly said...

Though I live in the South, I'm a born northerner. I HAVE heard a few of these though.

Happy TT-13!! Aaaay-yep

Smiles,
Holly
http://theabundanceplace.com

Jenny said...

Here's another one for ya:
Busier than a one armed brick layer. :)

jenn said...

Oh, these are great my friend!
Happy tT!

Audra Marie said...

I've heard some of those. I like this one the best: You can put your boots in the oven, but that don't make em' biscuits. :)

My thirteen are on My Meandering Mind not my blogger blog. :)

http://writingmom.bravejournal.com/entry/28881

damozel said...

Must be a Tennessee thing? I grew up in the Carolinas and am living now in north Florida...but no; these are all new to me.

I can't leave a proper link because you don't have your comments set to accept links from anything but blogger blogs :(


We're here:

http://bucknakedpolitics.typepad.com

but you'll have to scroll down past all the politics to see the GORGEOUS photos of an internet acquaintance....

Anonymous said...

Some of those are universal (cool as a cucumber) but some of those I had never seen before. Thanks for sharing.

gail@more than a song said...

I'm southern and have heard a few of those, but not all!

AutoSysGene said...

LOL! The skunk one is hysterical. I think I'll have to use that one in the future.

Happy TT!